eminence is loud

its just one thing i dont understand about the Florida thing. Y so many mids in the doors. I think if u had proper imaging u wouldnt need so many mids, but thats just something i dont understand. Can someone explain to me. Ive also seen a lot of people in New York that use those eminence a lot

They're dumbass h00d ninja's... that's why.

A set of fullbody horns and some nice large mids, (Like a pair of 8's... or a 10) would do the job. Be LOUD and sound good doing it. Then again, the kids are probably too stupid to tune it as well...

They think it sounds good b/c they don't know what good really sounds like.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

nG

Lol I agree nG, I've never heard a great sq system, but again, why get expensive horns or good sq mids with 4 mts in a wall? Wall doesn't = sq, mts don't = sq....

They sound good enough to me.

Ng- what would you cross the mids and tweets at? The mids play up to 8k I believe...and the tweets from like 3500-20k. I don't have midbass, just the alpha 6a's and apt80 tweets.

Please don't flame, I'm just looking for ur knowledge on what to cross these over at. I'm using the 3 way crossover in my 880.....seperate amps for mids and tweets.

Lol I agree nG, I've never heard a great sq system, but again, why get expensive horns or good sq mids with 4 mts in a wall? Wall doesn't = sq, mts don't = sq....

Ng- what would you cross the mids and tweets at? The mids play up to 8k I believe...and the tweets from like 3500-20k. I don't have midbass, just the alpha 6a's and apt80 tweets.

Please don't flame, I'm just looking for ur knowledge on what to cross these over at. I'm using the 3 way crossover in my 880.....seperate amps for mids and tweets.
why buy dedicated SPl subs for daily? You've got pure SPL subs tuned fairly low. Why not use gear as it was intended? If you using your system to play music, it might as well do it right. For most intents and purposes, stock gear usually doens't sound that bad and I'm a SQ guy. So the "it sounds good enough for me" comment doesn't hold much water. You cant' even say much that's positive about it other than it's loud.

Anyway, I dont' think those mids will play to 8k without breaking up. 3-4k might work. Just play with slopes until things sound "good enough". You'll probably want a steep slope on those tweets due to your aggressive listening habits, you won't blow them as easily that way.

PS. I'll let you know what i think of a properly done horn car when I finish. No footroom FTL!

PS. **** eminence, This is a real mans midrange!

http://www.phlaudio.com/parameters/b20_2520.html

Very nice **** my man! But my question is, how much are they on PartsExpress.com? Also.... i was doing some searching and came up with these puppies....
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=295-015

The range is actually a little broader, and the efficiency is almost exactly the same... HMMMMMMM.....
You won't get those even close to 5k like the spec sheets say. 2-3k is as high as you'll like them, with a steep slope up that high too, check the F/R graphs. The 80hz cutoff on the bottom looks is only due the impedence spike at fs. They'll play pretty flat from 125-3k probably. Again, if your just cramming them into the car for sheer volume, disregard everything I said.

I'm not saying to go for SQ, I was just saying you can accomplish nearly the same output with much better SQ. Why sound shittier on purpose? If you can avoid it...

As far as xover frequency... I don't like all my vocals in my mids, I like them up higher.

I'd take the Mids up to about 2.8-3.2kHz and then take the Tweets on up from there...

nG

why buy dedicated SPl subs for daily? You've got pure SPL subs tuned fairly low. Why not use gear as it was intended? If you using your system to play music, it might as well do it right. For most intents and purposes, stock gear usually doens't sound that bad and I'm a SQ guy. So the "it sounds good enough for me" comment doesn't hold much water. You cant' even say much that's positive about it other than it's loud.
Anyway, I dont' think those mids will play to 8k without breaking up. 3-4k might work. Just play with slopes until things sound "good enough". You'll probably want a steep slope on those tweets due to your aggressive listening habits, you won't blow them as easily that way.

PS. I'll let you know what i think of a properly done horn car when I finish. No footroom FTL!

PS. **** eminence, This is a real mans midrange!

http://www.phlaudio.com/parameters/b20_2520.html
ya right now ive got the running off an amp, so theyre getting all the highs, and i can hear on real high notes when its loud, it gets a little distorted. so cross them at like 3k and then the tweets from like 3500-20k?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.