Elemental Designs closing up shop

Seem like the life for a car audio company is around 10yrs..... Give or take a few
I tend to disagree. Now-a-day's there are so many that pop up suddenly, have a rush of sales, become the next biggest thing, then shortly after there is a huge rash of pissed off customers. So in the last 10 years, I would say the average life span is about 2-3 years max for the internet realm. eDuh lasted much longer then average to most peoples surprise I think.

I don't know how you can derrive that from eD's closing. IMO they just should of stayed out of the saturated home audio game. They already had a fan base in the car audio world and they were just getting greedy.
"Getting greedy" or simply attempting to diversify and grow their company?

No doubt the remark about poor financial planning may have some merit, based upon what has been said about their lag times, issues with maintaining supply channels, etc.... but can anybody really blame a company for trying to "branch out" into a logical new foray??

I think it suxx anytime a company goes under--- not just for the people who busted their azzes to get it going or the employees heading to the unemployment line--- but for all CA enthusiasts.

(Perhaps excluding the ones that are run by putzes who dgaf about anything but money/prestige. Not mentioning any names, or anything)

Contrary to popular belief, ED did very well in the home audio business and produced so very good product.....Seems like new owner and management just wasn't up to the job. Regardless of what forum people felt about Ben, he did correct the inital problems with products and shipping and made the company profitable and successful.

Contrary to popular belief, ED did very well in the home audio business and produced so very good product.....Seems like new owner and management just wasn't up to the job. Regardless of what forum people felt about Ben, he did correct the inital problems with products and shipping and made the company profitable and successful.
and not a zero fuck was given.

Wooooooooowwww, I really hope you were just trying to be funny because race never once even entered my thought process, so how you pulled that out of what I said truely leaves me speechless......
I'm going to have to report this post to the mods for you being racist.

I remember when I first came across them a couple years ago and was really impressed with their 13aV.2 (W7 Clone). I then did a little research and found out that the softparts were complete crap and the spiders had a tendency to shred themselves. I still planned on trying on out one day though, just for shits and giggles. Guess I'll just have to get lucky enough to come across one used that hasn't demo'ed itself.

guess i'll be holding on to my nine.1 a bit longer, lol. i see no problem with a company playing both car and home audio. it's just you need to be business smart about it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.