electrics effecting qulity of sound

Participant count
  • Participant list
Ok just a questin=on jumping a head of my slef now but if i mute all chanles how do i get the signal in ?

BTW i forgot u probibly could do with this too i have high inputs as well but they use a special cable adapter.

Majestic

(off too see if i can find any rca plugs?)

Originally posted by Majestic_roll Right ok i see what i have to do cna i just strip the plugs down as my nearest audio place is like 3 quaters of an hour away and as i dont have my licence to drive yet i cnat get over there till like end of the week

Majestic
yea you could cut the ends off some RCA wires leave about 2 inches. Strip the wire an connect the center and outer ring. I have aquestion. Out from the AMP runs RCAs to an adapter that plugs into the players headphone jack--- right? Well you will not be able to eliminate the RCAs UNTILL you have some male to male gender connectors. They make the shortest signal path.

Originally posted by Majestic_roll Ok just a questin=on jumping a head of my slef now but if i mute all channels how do i get the signal in ?
Well if you find after muting the 2 remaining channels that the AMP still has noise. If it does you need to debug your system normally with mting plug in ALL channels. By muting ALL channels you eliminate the amp as the cause and move upstream in the signal path.
BTW i forgot u probibly could do with this too i have high inputs as well but they use a special cable adapter.
Don't plug that in. Leave that alone.

Ok yep i get u we gona eliminate each piece of equipment one at a time and u rekon the amp could be the part ok i will butcher one of the cbale i got and try and get my dad to pick me up some plugs so i can mute both chanles thanx i be trying the muting thing in about 2 hours will report back than thanks for all the help this is really good support i dunno how to thank you but u should be prund of this forum with support like this

Majestic

ok after haking rca plugs the interferance has gone but the music will stop and start when using things bringing me back toi the power issue i think more powetr is need can i do this with a capacitor or some thing?

is this the issue ?

#Majestic

Originally posted by Majestic_roll ok after haking rca plugs the interferance has gone but the music will stop and start when using things bringing me back toi the power issue i think more powetr is need can i do this with a capacitor or some thing?
Do you have a multi meter? This sounds like a power problem related to a bad connection. We must do some voltage testing. The power drop across the bad connection is causing your amp to see a lower voltage then it normally would.

with the car on system playing at full power. You may have to go to a park or something.also give you alternator and battery a break after a couple of tests. After the break turn it back up and do more. I don't want you to drain your battery cranking the system at idle. If you can get full power get it as loud as you can. The purpose is to see any current related voltage drops. write down the voltage for each one. Test battery terminals then clamps. Now use a car body ground for the negitive probe-----using the positive probe retest the positive terminal on the battery. test power wire just out of the clamps ---wire just before any inline fuses blocks---at the fuse clip---after the fuse clip---wire just outside the fuse block---wire at amp. Now test the voltage of the AMP terminals. post back

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Majestic_roll

10+ year member
Majestic_roll
Kent England
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from