Electrical Issue (Blowing Distro Fuses, now Amp)

NJTStang11
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Chicago, IL
Well the issue started about a week ago. Here is equipment.

Soundstream Pic 1700 (1700@1ohm)

15" Fi BL

0 Gauge Wire (300a Fuse under hood)

I originally had it wired to a distro block in hatch with small AGU fuses.

I blew one fuse. Switched to other output/fuse and blew that one about 3hrs of driving later.

After checking the fuses, they seemed to be too small for application.

I wired the 0ga directly to the amp. Big mistake.

About another 3-4 hours later of driving POOF amp goes up in smoke.

I dont wanna replace it and blow another amp.

What am I looking at here? Voltage drop?

Electrical is all stock, but I've never really had problems before.

Add another battery? Do Big 3?

sounds like you got some MAJOR voltage drop and/or clipping the HELLZ outta your amp and frying it. The Big 3 should fix your problems...for 1700 watts rms your right on the edge of going to need a 2nd batt or Big 3 will fix all your probs. just do the Big 3 and watch your voltage on your new amp and SLOWLY turn it up and see if its fixed.

It wasn't a gain issue. Both that and the bass boost were set properly. Not to mention they were set twice on different subs and same issue occured (popped one fuse on 2 10" r's and other and amp on BL).

BL is 2ohm wired to 1ohm.

wait bass boost should be turned all the way to the left aka off never use it..And 1700rms on stock electrical..battery is probably about dead and alt is more than likely huffing now also you need at least one good batt and big three done asap before another amp goes in..Also never do that again always use a fuse if you didnt have one big enough should have bought a bigger one to be safe..

wait bass boost should be turned all the way to the left aka off never use it..And 1700rms on stock electrical..battery is probably about dead and alt is more than likely huffing now also you need at least one good batt and big three done asap before another amp goes in..Also never do that again always use a fuse if you didnt have one big enough should have bought a bigger one to be safe..
X2 Get a quality Batt up front yellow top will do fine, and get that Big 3 done and properly fuse everything. Might as well go with a 300 ANL for your BIG 3 and your power lines, and Make sure you have good clean Grounds!!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

NJTStang11

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
NJTStang11
Chicago, IL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date