Electrical help! I'm "shockingly" in over my head.

Participant count
  • Participant list
I believe what you need to do is called an ODB2 to ODB1 swap IIRC. I remember seeing some ricers talking about it on here. Do a search on some rice websites and maybe you can figure out more about it.
I've read something along those lines, but I haven't been able to make any sense of anything. I've also never heard any talk of anyone doing it on a newer model, like an 04. :p Alas, I'll keep looking.

0 ga Wire and 2 fuses wire + to + and - to -. Fuses in the + line within 18" of each battery.
Alright, so I need 2 fuses total or two for each battery? (I'm not doing the install myself for the batteries, I just need to know what to get.)

Alright, so I need 2 fuses total or two for each battery? (I'm not doing the install myself for the batteries, I just need to know what to get.)
2 total that go inbetween the 2 batteries. That way if you get a short your car doesnt arc out the batteries and cause a fire.

I believe what you need to do is called an ODB2 to ODB1 swap IIRC. I remember seeing some ricers talking about it on here. Do a search on some rice websites and maybe you can figure out more about it.
I just finished looking it up. Unfortunately, because I have a newer model civic, the only way to reprogram the ECU is to buy a $1000 set up. :p No thank you.

There's no two ways about it, after talking with my installer we've decided to put in only one amp and one sub, which leads me to the question, what kind of upgrades do I need to make when running only a 1400watt system?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Sound

10+ year member
Complete Noob
Sound
Stamford, CT
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date