eD Packages?

knee-slapper

Texas
Before I knew about the Elemental Designs packages, I was looking for a system that would put out the SPL but have decent SQL at the same time. My sub amp combo I originally picked was an eD nine.1 and a RE XXX 12". Is there a package, or more specifically, will the eD subs (I was looking at the 2 13Ov.2s package for $600) be anything like one XXX? Which subs from eD would be the best at putting out the SPL? Would 2 13Ov.2s put out anywhere near as much SPL as one XXX?

Actually, the ov.2's started shipping last week. I know a few people have gotten their 16ov.2's already. The only review I have read so far was pretty good, but not very in depth. The guy was running 2 16ov2s sealed. Apparently it plaid everything he threw at it great.

I really dont know anything about the old o series, but on icxsound.com Ben and a couple others were saying the new ov.2's should be real similar to the old a series. The ov2 should have slightly better sq, but wont get quite as loud.

Well, I run the old A series in my van, and I've heard the lower line of woofers from them (K series), so if the new Ov.2's are anything like those, they'll be excellent. The old O series were killer SQ subs, yeah...but their one "problem" was that they weren't suited for ported enclosures at all.

the ov2's are a very good comparison to the flat cone A series. SQ is alittle better imo, and you won't tell the difference spl wise without a meter.

with the capabilities of the ov2, i don't see why 2 13ov2's wouldn't outperform a single 15xxx.

also, i gave the 16ov2 proto a mean beating, these things just aren't gonna break //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

knee-slapper

knee-slapper
Texas
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
delvryboy