ed A,H2,Brahma

hiloracerboy84
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
i currently have a single 12" L7, and am planning on upgrading to something new. ive been looking at the elemental designs A series 15, Brahma (either 12 or 15), and Orion H2 15. Are these subs louder than the L7, because thats what i want. i see that they all have enormous x maxes (28mm & up), so they should be loud shouldnt they. im really interested in the Ed A 15, so do you guys think i'd be happy with it? im going pretty much for spl. and i know ur gonna say that its a sq sub too, but im just looking at it because....idk..just because. but i wanna know if itll be loud.

There is no such thing as a sq sub, its all in the install. I pesonally have heard good things about elemental designs but never messed with them. On the other hand i have had a brahma 15 in the past as well as a few series of digital designs subs. If you want spl you need large amounts of air space. My personal suggestion would be to go with a dd 9500 series or a juggernaut if you have the room.

I don't know that it would kill them, L7's can get loud, though i don't feel they sound that great. It would most likely get louder though.

because it's ridculous to consider a mtx 9500 series unless he wants to get loud....wait a minute.

oh and if you get a 15" woofer, it'll get much louder than a single 12" L7 because of the increased cone area. If you get an h2, you will need a big ass amp...more money into electrical....etc etc. So probably the ED A would be a good choice. well any of the three you mentioned would be great in an appropriately sized ported box.

although i am partial to brahmas... (and if it screws up within that 3yr warranty, they pay for shipping.....)

because it's ridculous to consider a mtx 9500 series unless he wants to get loud....wait a minute.
oh and if you get a 15" woofer, it'll get much louder than a single 12" L7 because of the increased cone area. If you get an h2, you will need a big ass amp...more money into electrical....etc etc. So probably the ED A would be a good choice. well any of the three you mentioned would be great in an appropriately sized ported box.

although i am partial to brahmas... (and if it screws up within that 3yr warranty, they pay for shipping.....)
if i read correctly, he said he wanted something loud...... that sub from what i'm told will be very loud and very accurate... price isn't that bad either considering it'd probably kick the eda's ass

ok thanks for all the input...but i think that the mtx9500 series is pretty pricey and out of my range right now...:S
side note - limitkid is against anything ED no matter what so u dont want to listen to only his opinion.

now dont go off and get ur panties in a bundle Limitkid

ok, so im looking into a ed A 15, most likely ill sell my jbl, and get a hifonics 1000d, and put the sub in a ported box, but the rec. boxes are small...something like 2.5 ft^3...do you guys go with this type of box, or do you make bigger boxes, and tune accordingly and get better results?

ok, so im looking into a ed A 15, most likely ill sell my jbl, and get a hifonics 1000d, and put the sub in a ported box, but the rec. boxes are small...something like 2.5 ft^3...do you guys go with this type of box, or do you make bigger boxes, and tune accordingly and get better results?
why sell the JBL 1200.1. it will put out like 300 watts more than the hifonics and is more versataile by putting out the same power at 1 and 2 ohms. If u tune low, u wont even need a subsonic filter, but if u do need one u could just grab one for 20 bucks or something i believe. nothing wrong with the hifonics though great amp

side note - limitkid is against anything ED no matter what so u dont want to listen to only his opinion.now dont go off and get ur panties in a bundle Limitkid
panties you say...... hmmmm (don't start stuff, save ur time buddy)

i like the eDa

panties you say...... hmmmm (don't start stuff, save ur time buddy)

i like the eDa
lol thats why i told u not to cuz i definetly didnt wana staart anything.

wait a minute, u just said "I like the EdA". Limitkid likes an ED sub? u sure ur feelin alright?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.