eD 12A.22 and RE XXX 15 compared

Participant count
  • Participant list

AScreenName
10+ year member

Custom User Text
somewhere
well my friend just recently purchased an RE XXX 15 and a hifonics brutus 1500d. and i have recently purchased an eD 12A.22

right now i have this friend's 500/1 on my 12A so its pretty underpowered, by half. the sub is in a 2.3 cu ft enclosure ported, tuned to 25hz. UNFORTUNATELY i am getting some port noise (it is a tube port, guess i'll have to fix it). but you can't hear the port noise unless you're by the trunk with the trunk open, and put your ear down by the box. and you can't hear the bass that way anyway

my friend just got his enclosure for his XXX done tonight. its a 5.2 cu ft enclosure ported, tuned to, well not sure we dont know. probably around 35 or so. we're going to redo the port to get an accurate tuning frequency.

moving on: my conclusion is the XXX is (who would've thought) significantly louder than the A, but in all honesty the A is not far behind. the XXX gets to the point where it hurts my eardrums, and i don't really desire that kind of loud. i want to keep my hearing //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif it sounds great and gets louder than ****. but man, this thing pounds so god ****ed hard. its amazing. and its clear as hell too.

the A doesn't get as loud as the XXX, and even with 1000 watts it probably won't ever get as loud as the XXX, but the depth from this thing is amazing. the low end is phenomenal. and it reproduces each note so clean. i've yet to hear any type of distortion whatsoever from this sub. it is non-existant. i do have to say that the low frequencies are substantially lower than the XXX. i'm pretty sure it has to do with the transfer function of our vehicles though. his XXX is in a jeep wranger and my A is in a 97 accord 4 door.

both the XXX and the A series are what they're all hyped up to be. two of the best drivers manufactured in my opinion

JL, eat your ****in heart out

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.