eclipse4502

SOUNDz
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
this hu only will work if u have external amps. why would they make a hu that can only be used in that way? if your amp screws up, then u have nothing. is that normal for companies to do that for their hu's? what if u dont have amps?

what if the internal amp in your HU stops working?? Then what do you do? There is no difference. Some high quality units dont even bother putting one in, because why? The only people buying them are seriuos SQ freaks who wont be using the internal amp anyways. Taht way it brings down the cost a little.

Originally posted by toxicwaste8504 Not to mention that usally external amps sound better any way
Only usually? lol I prefer decks with no internal power. I am running external amps anyway so why clutter up the deck with an internal amp that will do NOTHING to help you. If you need a deck with internal power, there are plenty to choose from. In the past, I believe all of eclipse's 8 volt decks had no internal amp. Their 8 volt deck for 03 has an internal amp(and is priced $130 less than last year's 8 volt deck).

if you are running stock speakers, the powerful 13 watts from eclipse's head unit would be handy, but if you are running a decent coaxial or component speaker, then you would definitly want to run an external amp.

Originally posted by bri487 if you are running stock speakers, the powerful 13 watts from eclipse's head unit would be handy, but if you are running a decent coaxial or component speaker, then you would definitly want to run an external amp.

mmmmmmmm......mustang cobra :p :p your right....13 watts to stock speakers is nice, but people buying those premium grade head units that are made for great SQ and dont have internal amps usually arent running stock speakers.

mmmmmmmm......mustang cobra your right....13 watts to stock speakers is nice, but people buying those premium grade head units that are made for great SQ and dont have internal amps usually arent running stock speakers.
funny thing, what would you consider my stuff to be, um......, what would you call that.......decent? so the next time you think about ridiculing my stuff, think twice.

Originally posted by bri487 funny thing, what would you consider my stuff to be, um......, what would you call that.......decent? so the next time you think about ridiculing my stuff, think twice.

haha what are you talking about man? how was i ridiculing your stuff? all i said was that i liked your car and that most people dont buy eclipse head units (known for SQ) and get a really nice model like the one stated that comes without a internal amp and then leave stock speakers in. im saying if somebody has that much money to spend on a HU usually they have money to buy speakers too. now tell me in 1 way at all i was ridiculing you. you telling me to think twice....no.....how about you READ twice.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

SOUNDz

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
SOUNDz
united states
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date