Eclipse vs Infinity...

Participant count
  • Participant list

lcoomes59102
10+ year member

Help! Car Toys is telling me that @ 6 1/2, I should go with Eclipses, and I'm a newbie, but do remember that Infinity was (is?) a kicking speaker. In my price range that is...don't wanna spend more than $150 per pair. Also, I'm not into heavy bass, if I run 4 6.5in speakers, with an amp, will that provide enough bass for your average rock, light rap music? Thanks.

are you looking into coaxials or components, if they're cocoaxials you can get somre real nice ones for 150. but as far as comopnents go search the board for cdt's, they are onsale at http://www.thezeb.com and everyone raves about them, i forget the model number, but they're 150 bucks.

thanks for the reply. Looking at coax, and am comparing the Infinity Kappa series to Eclipse sp8962's. I get a decent midbass off my stock speakers, (yep, I'm a lightweight) so I was just trying to upgrade the overall sound quality.

the infinity are nice, but the Eclipse to me is a step up, the CDTs are decent, but then again I would also look into Crystal components and Kicker resolutions, and you might be able to find used A/D/S and RF Fanatic Q's in classified sections on these forums or ebay

i would use teh eclipses, but that is just me. listen to them and decide what you like. oh, and how are you going to be powering these comps? you wont be able to tell much difference between the two if you arent going to be using an external amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.