Eclipse Titanium SW9122 Box Suggestions

evanc
10+ year member

Va
Hey everyone..

I'm going to be building a new box for my 12" Eclipse Titanium and I'm looking for suggestions.

I'm looking for SQ here, and am happy with either sealed or ported. I have around 3 cubes to work with.

Thanks,

Evan

I will be running about 1200 watts to it from my JBL 1200.1 ... but it is off a stock electrical system so I doubt I'll get the full output from the amp.

I usually listen to rock, but I turn on some blues or hip hop every once in a while.

I've heard tuning it to about 30hz would be best... but when I plot this in WinISD it doesn't look like it would sound good. Do I have the wrong parameters possibly?

I just built a box for 2 12s running just over 4.5ft3 after all displacements and 2 4" areo ports tunned to about 32hz. The guys system sounds amazing. Running an AQ2200D to the set. I would say figure out you max air space then figure out your displacement. Tuning low on these sound great in most applications. However, with your choice in music a higher tunning might yeld better sound for that types of bass.

i have no experience with these subs but my understanding is that they perform better in smaller enclosures, which might not be a bad idea since you've got a healthy amount of power. Personally if I had the space i would go ported, probably no bigger than 2@30-32. If your not as interested in output as a flat response sealed would be the way to go, probably 1.25-1.5. Are there manufacturer recommendations?

http://www.bcae1.com/spboxad2.htm

When I plotted this in WinISD, the sealed box seemed to really kill the "flatness" for the response. Did I enter something wrong?

Why would I need such a large area for the port? These numbers of 28 -40 square inches seem so large. Is it really necessary?

Thanks again to everyone.

Sounds great. Thanks guys.

This is going in a F-150 Extended Cab... what is the best way to have the woofer and port facing. From my research on here, it looks like the best is to have the woofer facing down or back and the port facing back. Any input or other opinions?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.