10+ year member

Illinois
JLw6v2

http://www.jlaudio.com/subwoofers/12w6v2.html

VERSUS

Eclipse SW9122

http://www.eclipse-web.com/products/speaker/sw9100/sw9122.html

Overall, i.e. SQ/SPL

Here I go again with the “versus” question. It’s just that there are so many opinions to appreciate.

Basically, a buddy of mine and I agreed that the JLw7 is too **** expensive. Ironically, although neither of us are planning to buy any new subs, we found ourselves considering two subs that are still considered overpriced. Also, we are hesitant regarding the underground brands for a couple of reasons. Not because they are not what they are touted to be, but rather because of experiences we have heard of, e.g. excruciatingly long waiting periods, customer service issues, etc. Also, they wouldn’t be as easy to get rid of if they didn’t meet expectations.

Hopefully some of you have had experience with these subs or at least credible sources. Obviously we were speaking in terms of SQ, but SPL is still highly valued. Money aside (because if you are patient and play eBay right you can get either for a great price), which sub sounds better and will get louder.

As an aside, the Eclipse sub is listed as being “12 inch (4 ohm + 4 ohm). I understand that is a DVC sub, but I am used to seeing one number regardless. So, overall, what impedence is this sub?

Absolutely ALL! and any feedback appreciated

As always, Thank you!

4+4 Means you can wire the dual voice coils on the sub in parellel to get a 2 ohm load to one channel. Or you can wire them in series to get an 8 ohm load on the sub. Or you can put one channel per coil @ 4 ohms each(If you do it this way make sure the channels are in sinc and mono). If you are using 2 subs together on 1 channel you can wire them to get either 1ohm, 4ohm, or 16 ohm. Dvc just give you a few more wireing options than svc. They can also be a little more complicated //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

(4ohm + 4 ohm) = DVC 4 OHM = 4 OHM DVC

dude the eclipse blows the w6 away in both catergories....its very comparible to the w7. And by the way, eclipse doesnt condone internet sales so if you buy one and its a dud, your screwed....good luck

where LimitKid7. he loves his JL.

I wouldnt get either. Dont those cost like over 300 bucks a piece? id much rather have A's. Between those id take the eclipse

I run a 12W6V2 and love it. I have only heard one titanium setup(2 12s off a BD 1500 I believe). It sounded very nice and get plenty loud.

i had W7's and my eclipses sound every bit as good. my friend has two W6v2 12"s and it isnt even close in SQ or SPL, and he has a decent setup and install.

well these underground companies you speak of, eD, RE, Adire, SI etc. have graced our ears with their quality and customer support. All these companies believe in their products a lot, get on AIM and find one of them. They will make you a believer. If you buy a SI D2 and don't like it, I'm 99% sure, someone on here will buy it within a week if the price is reasonable. Don't be scared. They will blow you away with their preformance.

i think that the w6v2s kick major ass...very comparable to my ed 12O (but the JLs low end isnt as strong). i couldnt imagine the eclipse aluminum "blowing the w6v2 away," because there is no aspect of the w6v2 that absolutely *****.

its probably a toss up...both are good woofers. get out there and listen to them both..

-nate

i think that the w6v2s kick major ass...very comparable to my ed 12O (but the JLs low end isnt as strong). i couldnt imagine the eclipse aluminum "blowing the w6v2 away," because there is no aspect of the w6v2 that absolutely *****.
its probably a toss up...both are good woofers. get out there and listen to them both..

-nate
the aluminums, its a hard call, the titaniums, thats a different story.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.