Eclipse CD8454

4ud10_sl4v3

Ok from what I have read, everyone seems to be cheering for the Eclipse CD8454. I am really new to this everyone so I might ask something that sounds stupid.

Umm...out of all the Eclipse head units that have their own internal amp (I'm not going for anything too fancy here, just want a good rockin CD player in a car that only has a tape deck now) is the CD8454 the best? Or are there other recommended Eclipse models?

Also, what type of speakers you think I should get to replace the stock ones? The car is a 1998 Honda Accord. I'm not talkin bout a sub or anything (yet)..just 6x9s and the normal stuff

I think the 3434(2.8v) will shyt on most 4v units out there- If I couldn't afford the latter ones , I would purchase without a second doubt- my brother runs this HU coming from a 5vKenwood Exelon(top of line) and shyts on it strait out of the box-Without EQ,time aligment....ect..)

The 5444 and 8454 have the advantage of even cleaner signal and sound shaping options-

memory card slot to store mp3's/ and your custom EQ settings so that u never lose them)

these two are the best HU's $$$ can buy as far as SQ- and Eclipses internal amps drive your average coaxes very nicely- The cleanest , most musical sounding HU's available

There are so many brands out there, but until you own an Eclipse, you cant experience the

difference in sound these HU's have to offer

Aight cool man thanks for the info. Also a question... i was just on crutchfield.com and I typed in my car info (1998 Honda Accord sedan) and it had a feature to show all the compatible CD changers for that car.........I'm a little worried now because the selection didn't include any Eclipse models.

If the Eclipse model isn't listed as compatible, what does that mean? Does that mean that it will not fit at all, or if I really want to get it to fit, there would have to be some taking-apart of the car to make it fit right?

I own the CD3434 and all i can say is wow! The SQ is just awsome on this unit. You need to ask yourself, will you really be using all the extensive audio capabilites of the CD5444 or CD8454. I chose the 3434 because i knew i wouldnt be using all the audio settings the 8454 and the 5444 have to offer. The 3434 is pirced much cheaper than the other two as well ($299) and sounds so nice and clean. I know of two places that carry eclipse products, Good Guys and Tweeter, tweeter's selection is getting smaller though ( it think they may be cutting eclipse from there product line) but Good guys has a lot of good eclipse stuff.

^^^^Thats why I recommended the CD 3434 -its plenty of HU for most- It has the fold down/larger display as the 5/8series, 3 outputs, bass/treble/non-fader/SCV and crossover functions provide plenty of tuning- and the built in amp is one of the cleanest sounding I've heard also- mind you that I've heard the CD3414 (which has a lesser internal amp than the 3434) push 4 Eclipse coaxes in a VW Golf on a recent install- and you'd swear he was pushing an amplifier- I've just seen too many content customers across the whole eclipse HU line:)

Good luck

Yo thanks for the input.....now heres the thing....since it's a specialty product and everything...where could I get it? I'm in Colorado now but my mom is going to take the car to a shop tomorrow to get the thing installed...I have to tell her my decision tonight.

She is in Pleasanton, California, zip code 94566 in the San Francisco Bay Area in California. There is a GoodGuys in Dublin and a BestBuy as well in Dublin. Anyone know any dealers in the area that carry Eclipse models?

Well you can call 1-800-553-2547 to find the closest Eclipse dealer in your area, but since your mom will be buying it in the Frisco area have her call the number to get the closest dealer.

I think the 3434(2.8v) will shyt on most 4v units out there- If I couldn't afford the latter ones , I would purchase without a second doubt- my brother runs this HU coming from a 5vKenwood Exelon(top of line) and shyts on it strait out of the box-Without EQ,time aligment....ect..)

THAT car is sitting in front of me right now.... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suave.gif.858fc102f7646e678ee8af7e1fbc41d1.gif

Must agree though, the 3434 is the best bang for the buck, especially in the SQ dept.

--Don

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.