eclipse cd players

sporten
10+ year member

Michigan
What does everybody think about eclipse cd players, if you were looking to start a highend system, would you go with eclipse or alpine? What are some other highend cd players and what does everybody think of them, such as clarion, nakamichi

without breaking the bank i would suggest Pioneer, there higher end models are quite nice and loaded with options also they have the oraganic display. i have a 7300 and iam very pleased with it

I have heard amazing things about the newer Eclipse HU. Its not that attractive but its great and supposedly would take crashing into a Mack truck to skip. Kenwood Excelon are good too.

Go with eclipse over alpine, I did. I love the way my eclipse headunit sounds. I think its perfect for running the highend system that I have. I recommend them highly.

having worked in a store that carried both alpine and eclipse I recommend the eclipse hands down. The eclipse has a 3 year manufacturers warranty when dealer installed, but the kicker is if the unit is stolen or has a prob in the first year the dealer will just swap it out......cool huh. I have had 3 eclipse units in the past 5 years. My oldest one an ecd 412, is still in a friends car going strong. I live them and don't even get me started on the quality. Most of the moving parts are brass in the higher eclipse models instead of plastic like in many other models. Not only do they have a high preamp voltage, but a low line level impedence (around 55 ohms) on most maldels better on others. Need I say more.........ECLIPSE!!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.