Eclipse cage

Participant count
  • Participant list

metalheadjoe
10+ year member

Unapologetic prick
ND
I bought an Eclipse CD5030 to replace the Kenwood in my pickup. The Eclipse is used (obviously) and did not come with the mounting cage. Does anyone know where to source a cage for an Eclipse deck, or if any other manufacturers' cages will latch onto an Eclipse deck? Any other suggestions for securing a deck without a cage?

Thanks for reading.
- Joe

They're pretty much universal for single dins and double dins. The metal cage part is the same.
Just looking at the slots on the sides, I don't think that's true, though I do appreciate the suggestion. Which brands have you found to be the same?

If your radio looks odd, post a picture of it. Cages are made to be universal

Ive got 3 Eclipse HUs, but I will not part them out like that.You may have to purchase another unit for the fit?? If it will slide in another Cage... You just push in the tabs for security so it doesnt slide out from the dash .This may fit??
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5335951755&icep_item=274239888148
Eclipse make dammned good units.. Easy to use without all the BS ,straight forward and clean signal

That's what I assumed based on the shape of the slots, but wasn't sure. Can you describe how to bend the tabs to fit or share a picture?
Ive got 3 Eclipse HUs, but I will not part them out like that.You may have to purchase another unit for the fit?? If it will slide in another Cage... You just push in the tabs for security so it doesnt slide out from the dash .This may fit??
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5335951755&icep_item=274239888148
Eclipse make dammned good units.. Easy to use without all the BS ,straight forward and clean signal
I really like CD5030's. I have one in the Bronco II in my avatar and wanted another for my pickup. The first one I bought was $50, but I spent $200 on my second because I fell in love. I've never bought/owned two of the same decks before.

The ebay link did not bring me to a specific item.

That's what I assumed based on the shape of the slots, but wasn't sure. Can you describe how to bend the tabs to fit or share a picture?

I really like CD5030's. I have one in the Bronco II in my avatar and wanted another for my pickup. The first one I bought was $50, but I spent $200 on my second because I fell in love. I've never bought/owned two of the same decks before.

Do you have a dash kit/adapter for your vehicle?

I would also ask at DIYMA Joe, a lot of those guys have that sort of stuff laying around. Last time I needed a cage for an eclipse was from there a loooong time ago. Might be worth asking in the classified sections.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...