Eclipse 88150 aluminum enclosure help

Participant count
  • Participant list

UMWDawg92
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Missoula, MT
So I'll be getting an eclipse 88150DVC aluminum in a couple days and I've been working on designing the enclosure for it. The t/s specs have been hard to find but this is what I've found:

Qts .39

Qms 5.00

Qes .423

Vas 6.1 cu feet

Fs 27hz

Re 3.0

I've noticed eclipse does not recommend porting this sub but when I run it in WinISD it models very nice and flat in a low tuned ported box, I'm getting that 4.5-5 cubes net tuned to 27-28hz looks really good. I'm going for SQ over output. So what do you guys think? Does that seem about right? Oh and what kind of port area should I use?

From what I recall, these do very well in overly large enclosures for the type of output that you desire.

If youre interested in having a professional design done, let me know and we can accomidate your needs.

Good luck with your build.

From what I recall, these do very well in overly large enclosures for the type of output that you desire.
If youre interested in having a professional design done, let me know and we can accomidate your needs.

Good luck with your build.
ok thanks, it models really flat in a large ported box. I am considering have a design done so I may hit you up for a quote.

Anyone else have thoughts?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.