Eclipse 8443 v 8053

brh1400

I'm somewhat of a newbie to car audio. I finally went down to my local shop to buy my Eclipse head unit, which up until yesterday I figured was going to be the 8443, but I saw that the 8053 was on sale for about a 100 bucks less than the 8443. I am unclear what the difference between the two is (which one is better). If some one could explain the differences to me I would be grateful. In perusing online forums, it seems a lot of people like the 8053 better. I'm sure I'd be happy with either, but if anyone with any experience with either of these could lend a few words of advice, I would appreciate it.

only difference with the two is that 8053 can be balanced to have 16v output. if you erally found the 8053 cheaper go for it.

the 8053 is a pre amp only head unit. Meaning that you need a 4 channel for your speakers. It has DSP, DACs blah blah, which basically mean its a bomb ass head unit for sq. I have it and love it. The 8443 is nice too, but the 8053 is the top of hte line. If you find it for less, go for it. It normally retails for 550

If you can buy the 8053 for $100 LESS than an 8443, I would definitely go for it. That shop is either stupid or insane for pricing it that way.

only difference with the two is that 8053 can be balanced to have 16v output. if you erally found the 8053 cheaper go for it.
and the 8053 has no internal power, has a digital in, and a different remote(nob vs credit card remote). The spec sheet also lists the 8053 as having gold plated RCAs if I recall correctly.

Hell, the guy can put the $100 saved toward an amp anyway //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

The 8443 is a top notch head unit.The 8053 is that much better.If u saw it for a hundred dollars less than the 8443 then why dont u already have it?skip the post and get the radio...

Greetings gentlemen. I have a few questions about the eclipse 8053. I honestly do not know much about them and I didn't even consider eclipse until the guy at al & eds told me they were the best. I originially had my heart set on a pioneer w/ oel display, but I started losing interest as the guy at al& eds told me I should consider an alpine or eclipse if I want good sound quality-which is my priority. I went to good guys and I saw the 8053 hu. They didn't have it hooked up, but I saw the words clearance marked next to a price of $430. I went ahead and bought the last one with the feeling that I have 30 days to change my mind.

I am partially dissappointed that this hu does not play mp3 without the pricey accessory, but a cd changer would cover for that. Also mp3s tend to have less quality, so I ok using cds or burned cds. Anyone know if this thing supports satelite radio?

I have a 2001 nissan maxima and these are the left over parts which I took out of my ford taurus which I am selling:

-mtx 5400x 5 channel amp accepts preamp of 8vrms

-image dynamics idq10 in a home made sealed box

-polk audio db3000 tweeters w/crossovers

Now it seems that all I need to do is find some good midrange speakers. I was thinking of grabbing some old polk audio dx or db 6.5 woofers to compliment the tweeters.

Sorry for the long post. I know nothing about head units and little about car audio in general, but I am more concerned if I should keep this hu or not. Those color pioneers look mighty tempting, but I like sq //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

the pioneer's have good sq. my friend has an alpine 9815 and imo i like the pioneer i have much better because of the display. the alpine has a few features i like but imo it just looks ugly. for $430 you could get the pioneer 9600. id go with that or the eclipse deck you have.

Greetings gentlemen. I have a few questions about the eclipse 8053. I honestly do not know much about them and I didn't even consider eclipse until the guy at al & eds told me they were the best. I originially had my heart set on a pioneer w/ oel display, but I started losing interest as the guy at al& eds told me I should consider an alpine or eclipse if I want good sound quality-which is my priority. I went to good guys and I saw the 8053 hu. They didn't have it hooked up, but I saw the words clearance marked next to a price of $430. I went ahead and bought the last one with the feeling that I have 30 days to change my mind.
I am partially dissappointed that this hu does not play mp3 without the pricey accessory, but a cd changer would cover for that. Also mp3s tend to have less quality, so I ok using cds or burned cds. Anyone know if this thing supports satelite radio?

I have a 2001 nissan maxima and these are the left over parts which I took out of my ford taurus which I am selling:

-mtx 5400x 5 channel amp accepts preamp of 8vrms

-image dynamics idq10 in a home made sealed box

-polk audio db3000 tweeters w/crossovers

Now it seems that all I need to do is find some good midrange speakers. I was thinking of grabbing some old polk audio dx or db 6.5 woofers to compliment the tweeters.

Sorry for the long post. I know nothing about head units and little about car audio in general, but I am more concerned if I should keep this hu or not. Those color pioneers look mighty tempting, but I like sq //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Eclipse is aligned with Sirius, but their tuner is not out yet. I run sirius with my cd8053. I use a clarion tuner and a separate controller. It works very well(so well that I am not really in any hurry for the eclipse tuner to be released).

well, i'm buying a 3week old 8053 w/ balanced out adapter, box, remote, and all materials for $350 shipped. WOOT WOOT, i'll be getting it sometime next week...can't wait! peace

NG

well, i'm buying a 3week old 8053 w/ balanced out adapter, box, remote, and all materials for $350 shipped. WOOT WOOT, i'll be getting it sometime next week...can't wait! peace
NG
That is an insane deal. Why so cheap? The BLA retails for $100.

What does the bla do? Will it make a difference in mysetup? Congrats on the deal, ngsm13? I paid $430 new, was that a good price?

JLCivic, I noticed you have a 8053. How do you like it? Do you see yourself keeping it for several years?

What does the bla do? Will it make a difference in mysetup? Congrats on the deal, ngsm13? I paid $430 new, was that a good price?
JLCivic, I noticed you have a 8053. How do you like it? Do you see yourself keeping it for several years?

I love the 8053. I have used many different brands of decks, and I have used 4 eclipse decks. The Eclipses have been my favorites. The 8053 sounds great, set completely flat, and it has not skipped once. I could keep this deck for a long time unless Eclipse comes out with something better that I would prefer(and have the cash).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.