Eclipse 8443 v 8053

I love the 8053. I have used many different brands of decks, and I have used 4 eclipse decks. The Eclipses have been my favorites. The 8053 sounds great, set completely flat, and it has not skipped once. I could keep this deck for a long time unless Eclipse comes out with something better that I would prefer(and have the cash).
x 2! i have the 8443 which is identical to the 8053 except it has an internal amplifier and a credit card remote otherwise they are the same and i absolutely love it. but i dont really like what they came out with this year. same decks basically just different design from what the guy at boyer's told me. anything under $500 for the 8053 is a good deal and you'll get at least that out of it. great deck.

Cool, thanks for the replies. I was wondering, does anyone have a spec sheet of this deck? I called up eclipse and they said go to a dealer to get it. They only have this year's models on the website, yet the same eclipse rep told me the 8053 is a current model.

Thanks.

Cool, thanks for the replies. I was wondering, does anyone have a spec sheet of this deck? I called up eclipse and they said go to a dealer to get it. They only have this year's models on the website, yet the same eclipse rep told me the 8053 is a current model.
Thanks.
The 8053 is a current model according to the local shop as well(it is on the 04 price sheet). I suspect that Eclipse had enough 8053s to carry over for this year, but they are not producing that deck any longer.

Email me at ptb351@adelphia.net. I can email the spec sheet to you(it is a spec sheet on all of the 03 eclipse decks).

x 2! i have the 8443 which is identical to the 8053 except it has an internal amplifier and a credit card remote otherwise they are the same and i absolutely love it. but i dont really like what they came out with this year. same decks basically just different design from what the guy at boyer's told me. anything under $500 for the 8053 is a good deal and you'll get at least that out of it. great deck.

Those aren't the only differences between the 8443 and 8053, but the 8443 suits the needs of most people looking into buying 1 of the 2.

As for not liking what they did this year, Eclipse did add mp3 to all new models(which would be a huge thing to some). Mp3 doesn't matter to me though.

If you run the 8053 with the bla, you need twice as many RCAs, each channel has an input and output. And if your gonna be running the bla you want high quality RCAs so theres your $100 you saved being spent on more RCAs.

not what BOTH local shops told me, it doesn't come stock with it. May have the ability to play mp3s...but doesn't come with it. That's what i was told, maybe they are dipshits...but yeah...i know the 5 series come stock with mp3 playback. peace

NG

not what BOTH local shops told me, it doesn't come stock with it. May have the ability to play mp3s...but doesn't come with it. That's what i was told, maybe they are dipshits...but yeah...i know the 5 series come stock with mp3 playback. peace
NG

All 04 Eclipse decks except the entry level(3404) play mp3s. The 03 5/8 volt decks would not play mp3s without a separate piece(eclipse commander advance), but the 5/8 series for 04 do. They either misunderstood what models you were talking about or were idiots. Either way, Eclipse's site has the 04 decks on it, and it clearly states what decks play mp3s.

Perry is right about the mp3, all 04 models except the entry level CD3404 and (oversight Perry) the top of the line CD8053 have MP3 built in. Buy the CD8443 or CD8053 if you do not need MP3, if you do, head in the direction of the CD5444 or CD8454.

Perry is right about the mp3, all 04 models except the entry level CD3404 and (oversight Perry) the top of the line CD8053 have MP3 built in. Buy the CD8443 or CD8053 if you do not need MP3, if you do, head in the direction of the CD5444 or CD8454.

Doh! I meant to say "new 04 decks" like I had in another thread(since the 8053 isn't new for 04." //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Hey, I hate to bring up this thread again, but I am starting to consider returning my 8053 and buy a 8443, so that I can use my 5 channel amp to bi-amp the front components and run the rears off the hu.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.