Ears Hurt. Please Help

Set up is Pioneer DEH 80prs, jl audio xd500/3v2 amp, jl audio 10w3v3, image dynamics cts65cs. Most people would say **** that **** must sound sick. Well it doesnt. MY problem is in the highs. Its too **** harsh. I have the crossovers set at -3 and everything above 4k hz on the head unit turned almost all the way down and the musics still harsh. The sytem has been in the car for about 3 weeks now and i drive two hours a day so there pretty much brocken in already. Any opne else have issues with these components. I have some new cheap pioneer TS-D's in the house and Im thinking of just installing those. Also when i turn the the sub off the speakers sound like garbage. Definatly not like others I have heard on youtube. I think i need to go to a shop to have someone check my system out. My **** stock bose system sounded much nicer than this. Please help. I have over $1200 invested in this set up and I honestly think stock sounded better apart from the bass. Jl audio subs are the bomb.

Did you do any sound deadening/or preping on your doors??That makes a huge difference..Ive placed this et in my neices Scion on an old USA US Acoustics 4080 with a pair of Infinitys in the rear, with doors preped/deadened, on a cheap Kenwood hu, and used a Kicker KQ9 preamp eq, and they sounded pretty darn clean to me.Worth the money I spent on them and time spent.You have one of the best HUs on the market as well as a very nice amplifier to push them...Its got to be your tuning.

Where are your tweeters mounted? Are they on axis or off axis? By harsh are you getting a nasty "sss" sound in the vocals or does it just sound tinny?

Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk

Set up is Pioneer DEH 80prs, jl audio xd500/3v2 amp, jl audio 10w3v3, image dynamics cts65cs. Most people would say **** that **** must sound sick. Well it doesnt. MY problem is in the highs. Its too **** harsh. I have the crossovers set at -3 and everything above 4k hz on the head unit turned almost all the way down and the musics still harsh. The sytem has been in the car for about 3 weeks now and i drive two hours a day so there pretty much brocken in already. Any opne else have issues with these components. I have some new cheap pioneer TS-D's in the house and Im thinking of just installing those. Also when i turn the the sub off the speakers sound like garbage. Definatly not like others I have heard on youtube. I think i need to go to a shop to have someone check my system out. My **** stock bose system sounded much nicer than this. Please help. I have over $1200 invested in this set up and I honestly think stock sounded better apart from the bass. Jl audio subs are the bomb.
Problem go away yet? I've read some reviews that those tweeters are pretty harsh. Do need to know your x-over points.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.