eA or eK with a jbl 1200

so n so chicago
10+ year member

Illinois
i just decided to start a new thread because i think i may be sold on eD subs so my focus has changed...

anyhow, i plan on getting a jbl 1200 mono amp. do you think that 600w would push the 900w eA 12" sub nicely. i actually read an article that indicated that it would (thanks) but i just want to know if any of you guys know from experience.

thanks!!!

well i heard the jbl 1200.1 is also stable at 1ohm but im not sure if the A can also be wired at 1 ohm....i dont know if the EDA can hold 1200 watts all the time......i heard it could but i dont know first hand maybe someone will know and tell ya lol

I was planning on running a jl 500 to one 12" ed A and was told that it would move it but not reach it's potential so now the plan is to get an amp that will send it closer to 1200 like a tantrum or the avionixx 1200.1 soemthing along those lines anyways. good luck

I have also heard that the A can pound on 600 watts, but if I were you I would try wiring it to 1 ohm and putting 1200 watts into it.

If you wait a while I'll tell you what mine (15A) sounds like on both wattages....as I will be getting a vibe1200d and trying it at 4 ohms (600watts) and 1 ohm (1200watts) to see which one I like better.

All in all I think that that sub and amp are a good match, and you will find your nitche with however much amount of power you decide to put in it

he said he is getting 2 A's....so 600w to each sub

listen...600w is definantly enough. you dont need to send it the RMS to make it get loud. I had a 12" HC (1200w RMS) and i was sending it 300w originally and it got loud.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.