EA 225 amp alternator for GM or 96-00 civic

gsuchyta
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Item(s) for Sale: I have an excessive amperage 225 amp high output alternator for sale that was in my civic for about a year and a half. Voltage would never drop below 13.8 as long as idle stayed around 1200 rpms. This was with my AQ2200 and 4 channel amp maxed out.

Item(s) Description/Condition: In my civic for about a year and a half. the pulley got loose and twerked so I sent it back and excessive amperage put on a new pulley and some other stuff can't remember. Always worked flawlessly.

Price: $260 or best offer plus shipping

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information: This alternator fits a lot of gm vehicles just look at the mounting locations and compare to the pics. the plug and posotive connection may be a little different but as long as the mounting spots are the same it will work. It fits 96-00 civics with a little washer adapter thing included and just bolts right up. It has a 1 wire plug that you just have to figure out which wire on your alt plug is 12v. when the car is on. This is awesome for civics because it bypasses the eld (electronic load detector) which is a device honda put on these civic that only charges to 12 volts unless you have your headlights on or ac on. So with this 1 wire plug your civic will always charge to 14 volts when the car is on which is awesome.

Item Pictures:
IMAG0218.jpg

IMAG0216.jpg

IMAG0217.jpg

(List pictures in this section, 1st picture should be your username/date if you have less than 10 positive feedbacks with the i-Trader system or less than 10 references that you have sold to in the past. (These must be listed in your signature, or a link provided to a feedback thread listing these references)).

Item(s) for Sale: I have an excessive amperage 225 amp high output alternator for sale that was in my civic for about a year and a half. Voltage would never drop below 13.8 as long as idle stayed around 1200 rpms. This was with my AQ2200 and 4 channel amp maxed out.

Item(s) Description/Condition: In my civic for about a year and a half. the pulley got loose and twerked so I sent it back and excessive amperage put on a new pulley and some other stuff can't remember. Always worked flawlessly.

Price: $260 or best offer plus shipping

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information: This alternator fits a lot of gm vehicles just look at the mounting locations and compare to the pics. the plug and posotive connection may be a little different but as long as the mounting spots are the same it will work. It fits 96-00 civics with a little washer adapter thing included and just bolts right up. It has a 1 wire plug that you just have to figure out which wire on your alt plug is 12v. when the car is on. This is awesome for civics because it bypasses the eld (electronic load detector) which is a device honda put on these civic that only charges to 12 volts unless you have your headlights on or ac on. So with this 1 wire plug your civic will always charge to 14 volts when the car is on which is awesome.

Item Pictures:
IMAG0218.jpg

IMAG0216.jpg

IMAG0217.jpg

(List pictures in this section, 1st picture should be your username/date if you have less than 10 positive feedbacks with the i-Trader system or less than 10 references that you have sold to in the past. (These must be listed in your signature, or a link provided to a feedback thread listing these references)).
Wish this was for a '04! Lol glws man

ya I think they changed it up after 2000, but this is the only way to get big power out of a civic. and I forgot to mention you have to buy a new belt that is the next size smaller just like an inch shorter because it has high output pulley at idle which is smaller.

Also you can contact Excessive Amperage and find out if it will fit your vehicle

Nice alternator. I bought a cheapo 165A alternator on Ebay for ~125 a few years ago for my 96-00 Civic. It's the stock alternator chassis size, stock pulley size and no fan blade like what yours has on the pulley. But yours has the bigger chassis, smaller pulley and fan blade. If I hook up my big 12VDC to 110VAC inverter to it and try to power a 1875w hair dryer with it for more than a few minutes on a hot day, the alternator starts to smell! Still works though. Holds at about 13.35V.

I noticed when I first got it and put a moderate load on that it smelled for a few days and then stopped being smelly. Like some anti-rust coating burning off or something.

Has yours ever gotten hot?

If my alternator ever gives out then I guess I'll buy your alternator (yrs from now ha). How much is your alternator new from Excessive Amperage? I can't find their products on their web site

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.