Dynamat Trunk Kit

BigDaddyKane
10+ year member

I trust the experts that rule this discussion board, so before I purchase a Dynamat Trunk Kit I want to know what kind of product I am about to buy. How well does this kit work and where can I get it for a good price? Let me know your opinion please car audio gods.

I really think that this product or similar products do help to solidify interior surfaces to help keep them rigid keeping the sound waves in the vehicle where they need to be. So far the best price for Dynamat that I have found is on the CMT TRADING CO. on the net. I'm not sure the address but if you look it up on a search you will find it. Oh, and it also helps to stop all those anoying rattles that you hear other cars have as they boom down the road.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Hmmm.

I tried the dynomat trunk kit, I ended up paying like 135 for it.It does it job no doubt , but kinda pricey.I did a little research for other products, many of them cheaper then dynomat.Anywho, what I ended up trying was Ice and water shield, which is normally used on roof's to protect against the elements.I work for a masonry company that mostly work on new homes, so i find this stuff everywhere.In two weeks i ve got enough to do my car twice.But if i had to buy it, it would be about 100$ for 75 sq feet.

Hopefully this helps u out, dynomats expensive.Dont get me wrong, ice and water shield aint equivalent.But does the trick for me..Maybe one of your friends works construction or something..

Good luck

you paid 135 for your trunk kit you bought it at a retail dealer b/c that is how much they cost at retail. if you want a cheap price on this stuff the best price i've seen is at http://www.mmxpress.com they sell the trunk kit for 75.00 or you can go with the cascade trunk kit which is basically the exact same thing and it costs 69.95. now i don't know if the cascade has as much sound deadening material in it as the dynamat but either will do the trick. now the dynamat trunk kit comes with the original dynamat in my opinion not a great product unless you plan to do the floors of your car.

keep it thumpin,

adam

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.