DXZ955MC parametric equalizer

Participant count
  • Participant list

Racerx250
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Houston,Tx
I've got the whole active thing down. Well at least w/ my setup I do. What I haven't got down is how to use the parametric eq on the radio. More or less what's it for I didn't search much. Figured it would be easier to ask a direct question on what I'm looking for. It's a 3 band eq. Independent L/R. Adjust freq. "Q" and gain. Any input on this. Not to good w/ eq's.

HU: Clarion DXZ955MC

FRONT: Hertz HSK165

FRONT AMP: Kicker KX650.4

Check out this link.

Think of the "Center Frequency control" as the difference between Parametric and graphic. Basically the diference between a graphic EQ and a parametric EQ is that the boost or cut frequencies are set and cannot be changed with a graphic EQ whereas a parametic EQ you generally have less bands, but can choose what frequencies you want to boost or cut. You are usaually limited to the range of each band you have to choose from (i.e. one of your 3 bands may be between 50-500hz).

Play around with the link and you'll get the hang of it.

perhaps somebody could chime in and tell/explain how to use it?? thanx guys.
I guess I'm a little stubborn today.
Well, without an RTA, it's pretty much playing around with different frequencies and making boosts and cuts and see what sounds best. Do some research over at DIYMA - I remember coming across a few good threads over there that cover this topic.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Racerx250

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
Racerx250
Houston,Tx
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date