DVC wiring option?

zener

Ok, so here is what I'm thinking;

-a pair of 2ohm, dvc speakers, one coil wired in series with one from the other speaker, then the other two coils wired parallel, and the two circuits put together in series.

Would this work?

Or would it create a weak link out of one of the first two coils mentioned?

What and Why???

Why are you trying to reinvent the wheel?

Also sounds like you will be putting more power to 1 coil of each sub, why would you want to do that?

Just wire the pair to either 2 ohms or .5 ohms.

I was aiming for a 3 ohm load.

So I take it no one has done this before?

I have made a decent career out of doing things that other's are scared of doing.

Not saying it is always a happy ending, but if you never try different stuff you are just following each other.

Listen to what the above guy said. These arent things to go " lemme do it this way, maybe it wil work". It has been tried and it wont work. U will kill your equip and then be sad:rage:2 ohm or 0.5 ohm.

KISS

keep it simple stupid

Amen.. btw that box in ur trunk looks sweet with the woodgrain, and fits snug.. How the hell did you get that in?

Listen to what the above guy said. These arent things to go " lemme do it this way, maybe it wil work". It has been tried and it wont work. U will kill your equip and then be sad:rage:2 ohm or 0.5 ohm.
KISS

keep it simple stupid

Amen.. btw that box in ur trunk looks sweet with the woodgrain, and fits snug.. How the hell did you get that in?
Well it took about 2 weekends to prep, measure, and actually install. We had to use a Kregg pocket hole jig set from Lowes. We actually put the box together from the inside out. Thank you for the compliment. I designed it on paper, and we just went from there.

Nick

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.