DVC Help

Participant count
  • Participant list
So this is my first post in here. I've done quite a bit of research on wiring diagrams in regards to wiring my sub. Currently, I have a kicker DVC 4 ohm 12" sub I'm running off a 2 channel amp that I have bridged. I'm running the wiring in series so my amp is seeing 8 ohms. I have a couple of questions.

1. How the heck do I tell which positive and negative terminal goes to each voice coil? I've looked at the bottom of the speaker and they don't seem to be marked. Not only that, but they are spaced equidistance apart. I looked on the kicker website on their wiring diagrams and tried to wire them accordingly, but their terminals didn't really match up to the picture.

2. In bridged mode I can't go below 4 ohms. So, should I run a sub off each channel with their voice coils wired in parallel @ 2 ohms or should I run the pair off the amp in bridged mode at 4 ohms?

thanks in advance!

So this is my first post in here. I've done quite a bit of research on wiring diagrams in regards to wiring my sub. Currently, I have a kicker DVC 4 ohm 12" sub I'm running off a 2 channel amp that I have bridged. I'm running the wiring in series so my amp is seeing 8 ohms. I have a couple of questions.
1. How the heck do I tell which positive and negative terminal goes to each voice coil? I've looked at the bottom of the speaker and they don't seem to be marked. Not only that, but they are spaced equidistance apart. I looked on the kicker website on their wiring diagrams and tried to wire them accordingly, but their terminals didn't really match up to the picture.

2. In bridged mode I can't go below 4 ohms. So, should I run a sub off each channel with their voice coils wired in parallel @ 2 ohms or should I run the pair off the amp in bridged mode at 4 ohms?

thanks in advance!
I'd run it bridged at 2. With box rise it won't see that low very often just make sure the amp doesn't get too hot

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

That's interesting. Never heard of a sub terminal not marked. Either have a red mark on there(which will stand for pos,+) or a stamped "+" on the terminal. Usually cheapy subs have the + and - stamped on the terminals. Take a pic of the sub and post it up here. Some subs have that red mark and black mark.

What amp do you have?

That's interesting. Never heard of a sub terminal not marked. Either have a red mark on there(which will stand for pos,+) or a stamped "+" on the terminal. Usually cheapy subs have the + and - stamped on the terminals. Take a pic of the sub and post it up here. Some subs have that red mark and black mark.
What amp do you have?
I have a crunch 1000.2 bridged. I know it's not the best amp, but I can't upgrade for a while. The terminals are marked "positive and negative" just not marked as to which voice coil they belong to. That's where my confusion is coming from.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.