dumbest thing iv heard

the Answer
10+ year member

DC audio FTMFW
im gettin 2 10" rockford fosgate P3 shallow mounts to go under the back seat downfiring. gettin them on ebay for 115 ea with free shipping. in store they are 200+. i would stay away from the MTX as mentioned above. they are good subs but they are way overpriced for what they are. stay away from kicker as well, they are really loud but the sound quality is **** untill you get into the really nice and expensive subs. i would stick with the alpines, JL audio, JBL, or rockford. and i wouldnt put anything bigger than 10s in a truck that small. even in an f150 i wouldnt go bigger than a 10. ive talked to many people and shops and they all reccomended 10s for a truck. they said the sound is so much better and more crisp bc the small amount of room you have to work with. but you never know since there isnt much to the back part in the rangers
got this off of another forum, this is the dumbest thing iv heard.

For the most part everyone into car audio isnt into having big a** subs in a cabin so you cant understand why some would say a small cabin doesnt need more than 10's.

Of course most shops are going to recommend 10s. In all honesty, most shops ****, and don't know shiit they are talking about. Same with people who only know of JL, Rockford, etc. I've heard people say they only want a 15" because it gets plenty louder than a 10 or 12. Even if it was a 1000w less than the 10 or 12. Some people are just misinformed. And as Duro said above, if your not really into CA, and consider it a hobby, most people don't want an 18 behind then where their seat can't go back, etc.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.