dubstep on a 18 in a 97 z71

SANGUINE

lookin to put a 18" DC audio XL or level 4 with XL soft parts in a half side walled box. anyway, would dubstep/dance sound ok on it? it wouldnt hafta sound like a 10 but i dont want super crappy sound. while im postin, is a XL or a level 4 with XL soft parts better? thanks

Cone size has nothing to do with it. Have you been to a dubstep concert? You won't find any 10inch subwoofers I promise you. 18's all around in most cases. I'd go with the XL.

aight thanks, last thing is would a little over half the ext cab area walled be enough for the 18? and for the 18 XL, whats a good amp for a reasonable price?

No idea. Get a tape measurer and let us know your external and it'd be much easier to figure that out.. DC subs don't want much airspace, but you'll still need plenty of port area.

Cone size has nothing to do with it. Have you been to a dubstep concert? You won't find any 10inch subwoofers I promise you. 18's all around in most cases. I'd go with the XL.
I listen to rap, metal and dubstep with my two 10's in a ported enclosure and ive been told my a respectable old school db drag guy it's somewhere in the 145db range with dubstep but that's just a guess.

I listen to rap, metal and dubstep with my two 10's in a ported enclosure and ive been told my a respectable old school db drag guy it's somewhere in the 145db range with dubstep but that's just a guess.
1 18 is quite a bit more cone area than 2 10's so you'll very likely be a few DB's louder with the 18, regardless of what your current 10's give you for output. The space you listed is more then enough for a wall a for a single 18.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

SANGUINE

SANGUINE
Carthage, NC
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
SANGUINE