dubstep car audio set up help !!!!!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

flooosh

ca
I have a sub woofer i just got from a friend and wanted to get a sound system for my new car.

i got a jl w7 12" and nothing elts. i baisicly would like advice on what i should get to make my car bump i have like 1000 dollar buget and like dubstep with wobbles and lots of BASS. Also dont know **** about what i should buy thanks. help greatly apreciated.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

a JL Audio 1000/1 would be perfect for that sub. A very pricey amp, but certainly good. But it'd use up your budget.

You'll need an amplifier installation kit - 4 awg minimum. Good ones run ~$100

what vehicle? what head unit? everything else factory?

the headunit is the only not factor thing in my car but was thinking of upgrading anyways. also i got to get new speaker the 4 factory ones sound like ****. baisicly need a whole system. already have subwoofer thou. i got a 84 mercedes turbo diesel maybe diffrent year i need to check.

sic prof pic by the way , alex gray is awsome.

there is plenty of information in this forum. start looking around, reading threads, etc. you'll see a lot of the same questions with various answers.

don't hesitate to walk into local car audio shops and talk to them. it's easier to explain this in person than typing in a forum. but if you read enough threads, and spend enough time researching, you can figure out the basics.

or, you can pay a shop to do it for you and just enjoy the music. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

you'll need to determine what size the factory speakers are, what size you can fit, etc. Crutchfield is a decent resource for authorized car audio and they included the necessary installation instructions, brackets, mounts, etc. necessary to do the job.

buying used gear can save you a ton of money, but there are risks. What is the impedance of your JL W7? It should say on the sub (terminals or magnet)

i know that i want the jl 1000/1 amp but what should i buy to replace my **** factor speakers the only part i have had figured out was the sub and its amp

for speakers, you need to determine what will fit in factory locations or if you are willing to build door pods, kick pods, etc. there are so many choices for speakers, and they all sound different. your best bet is to listen to as many as you can, then make a decision that you like the sound of and that will fit your budget and intended location.

personally, i make the front speakers a priority - i focus most of my effort there.

better get a good comp. set for that type of music. i to listen to dubstep occassionally but i prefer dnb and trance. today i installed my new set of hertz hsk 165's and iam very impressed. the reason y i even bought new spkrs was cuz i wanted more clarity and mid bass for all the dnb trance dubstep cuz as u know, lots of beats per min.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.