Dual toolmaker help

Participant count
  • Participant list

NASTY08IMPALA
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
So im going to be wiring up my crescendo bc3500 next week and it had dual toolmakers ..ive never used them before and had a fusing question .....im going to run two runs from my second battery to the amp do i need a fuse in each power ?? If so what amp? I was gona fuse it with 300 a so do i run a 300 in each power run or do i run a 150 in each for a total of 300 ..any help would be awesome..thanks guys

Of course i will be fusing before the amp u didnt really answer my question irl really wanted to know about the amp in each fuse from my second battery to the toolmakers..i will be running a 300 under the hood

---------- Post added at 01:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 AM ----------

Its only 1 amp

If they are going to the same input I'd say you could use 150. I was thinking sep input but the amp will only draw what it will at max not 600. I personally would still use the 300.

If they are going to the same input I'd say you could use 150. I was thinking sep input but the amp will only draw what it will at max not 600. I personally would still use the 300.
Yea its a crescendo bc 3500 with dual toolmaker inputs on power and ground ....ill be running a 300 under the hood ..so i didnt wana use too much fuse or not enough

Usually fuse according to wire size. In your case, you could do 2 150a fuses if you wanted.
Yea ill be runnin audio technix 1/0 2 runs of it from my second battery to each port of the toolmaker but they are essentially jus going into the same input ..jus double wire....i was thinking a total of 300 would work

yep your only fusing for the safety of a short those fuses do nothing to protect the amp, they protect the wire from the amp! so on short runs I use 300+ amps of fusing low amp fuses have a very high impedance load and slow the flow of current so as long as your in the safe zone of the wire fuse as big as you can.

yep your only fusing for the safety of a short those fuses do nothing to protect the amp, they protect the wire from the amp! so on short runs I use 300+ amps of fusing low amp fuses have a very high impedance load and slow the flow of current so as long as your in the safe zone of the wire fuse as big as you can.
Thanks for the input guys cant wait to get thos beast wired up

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.