CarAudio.com Exclusive
Tampa
Vehicle : 2014 toyota corolla

Location in the vehicle: trunk

Space available (Length x Width x Height): 38 x 22 x 16

Subwoofer make and model: sundown sa-12 d4 rev3

Subwoofer Size: 12'

Number of Subwoofers: 2

Type of Port (Kerfed, Slot, Aero, etc.): slot?

What type of music do you like?: rap hip hop

Is your goal SPL or Everyday Music?: car is a daily driver but I do want spl

Tuning Freq (Hz): 35hz (sundown recommendation)

Volume : ?????

Questions: I will need a cut list to take to lumber yard

might not help but i have this box in my trunk now with plenty of room. when i measured the trunk i just added a few inches to its measurements and tried to leave room on the outside of the trunk hinges for a battery. my amp will be mounted to the back of the passenger side rear seat.

current box dimensions
  • Dimensions: 30"W x 13.50"H x 16"D

if it doesnt change the sound then idc

If center is easier to put together then center will be fine.

this is my first box build so if we can keep it simple that would probably be best lol

If you are a beginner using a slot port it's easier to offset the port to one side.

Here's what I came up with. You dimensions make packaging hard because you need a big port for the amp you are running. Before you build the box, test fit a cardboard mock up to make sure you can get it through your trunk opening.

Using these dimensions: 38 wide 14 high 22 deep

Final specs are 4cf tuned to 37hz. It's not designed to crush low notes but will sound good on a variety of music and should put up a good spl score if you meter it. There is a double thick front baffle which is necessary for strength because those SA subs are heavy. Port area measures 5 x 12.5 which is a just a hair on the smaller side but it's the best I could do with the space you have available.

top: 38 x 22
bottom: 38 x 22
left: 21.25 x 12.5
right: 20.5 x 12.5
front outer: 32.25 x 12.5
front inner: 31.5 x 12.5
back: 38 x 12.5
port: 15.5 x 12.5

Use 2 1.25 inch thick dowels top to bottom for vertical bracing and 2 1.25 inch thick dowels front to back in between the subs for additional bracing. You want the box to be as stiff as possible. Also it would be a good idea to add a 45 in the corner of the port to smooth out airflow.

To give you an idea of what it would look like but does not show a double thick baffle or bracing or 45s:

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.