Dual Rear Batteries wiring ??

Participant count
  • Participant list

LetMyBeatPound

CarAudio.com Exclusive
Ok. I have my 2 batteries in parallel, power and ground both running from the start battery to the first of the 2 Batteries. Is this right or wrong or makes no difference... Or should it be power to the first battery, ground t the second battery? Then do I hook my amp up where the power and ground connect to the dual batteries or do I connect the amp power and ground to the second of the batteries?

What safety provisions have been designed into the modification? For example, if the power feed disconnects at the rear battery, shorting the main battery to ground, what protection has been provided for that fault? The converse question also applies, if the rear-to-front power feed disconnects at the front and shorts to ground, what is the protection? There should be appropriate fusing or circuit breakers added to protect from faults.

Why not just connect the two new rear battery grounds w/ short fat wires to the chassis?

The two new batteries should be connected in parallel, then treated as one. The two new batteries should be mechanically secure. The new battery mounting should permit the normal / expected expansion / contraction that occurs during charging and usage. The new battery / wiring positive lugs should be protected from short circuits.

What safety provisions have been designed into the modification? For example, if the power feed disconnects at the rear battery, shorting the main battery to ground, what protection has been provided for that fault? The converse question also applies, if the rear-to-front power feed disconnects at the front and shorts to ground, what is the protection? There should be appropriate fusing or circuit breakers added to protect from faults.
Why not just connect the two new rear battery grounds w/ short fat wires to the chassis?

The two new batteries should be connected in parallel, then treated as one. The two new batteries should be mechanically secure. The new battery mounting should permit the normal / expected expansion / contraction that occurs during charging and usage. The new battery / wiring positive lugs should be protected from short circuits.
have then fitted in a box I mad with left over 3/4" birch that is 4 1/2 deep... Will be adding a bracket shortly... And the power will be fused 6"-8" from the start battery, then after 10'-14' run another fuse, then 10" run to the dual batteries, then another fuse before power goes to the amp...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.