dual alternator setup on a honda?

loudREcivic
10+ year member

i tried searching google and didnt see nothing unless i missed it. but was wondering if anyone has done a dual alternator on a honda motor. i have enough room and can make my own brackets and supports just wondering if it has been done. i know i can buy 1 HO alt but i can get another oem alt for dirt cheap and would total 160 amp with both. i only run 2 amps and 1 15" re audio so i thing that would be good. plus an extra car bat in the back to.

money is an issue but i guess i could wait till tax time just wanted to see some pix. it would be easy to add another since i have 2 pulleys on the crank open and a unused a/c bracket waiting to be modified

ok so i just read that on hondas there is a electronic load detector(ELD) and the wire that goes from the alt to the batt is in some way connected to the fuse box and it sensors this. i just got my ring terminals and its been raining so havent got to do the big 3 yet. will get this done plus add my other car batt and see how it is then.

gm case will fit but will need some modification.I was going to do that route but didnt feall like messing with it.Your best bet would be just get another alt or ho alt and replace ac with it.Then run both of them

I hope to be doing this in my 88 civic hb soon. I'll be using a 1 wire alt for the send just for ease of installation and bumping up to 18volts chargeing down the road

gm case will fit but will need some modification.I was going to do that route but didnt feall like messing with it.Your best bet would be just get another alt or ho alt and replace ac with it.Then run both of them
do you have a link or something i have access to a lot of gm alts. and the higher ones are usually 120-130 amps and that would be good enough i think with a little highs amp and my rf t8002 and one 15" re. plus im putting the extra car batt in the back until i can get a good audio batt.

didnt find the db linc alts but i found others. so i just need a one wire and that goes straight to my batt and im good to go?

edit: just found db electrical. and i found a 250a mechman alt with adjustable voltage man would that be nice but its way to much money lol. ill just snag up a oem gm alt for free and almost free and make it work.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.