Dual 8" subs in sealed box

Does the box volume need to double when using two drivers?
Yes. Take the recommended volume for that sub and double it. Also you might want to reinforce it by putting a piece of MDF in between the two subs.

Yes. Take the recommended volume for that sub and double it. Also I beleive you are supposed to seal the drivers off from each other so you'll want to add a piece of MDF in between the two subs.
That is completely optional... it will work just as well if they share the airspace.

Normally one of the reasons a lot of people put them in seperate chambers is in case of woofer failure. If one woofer were to blow then the other woofer would then use all of that extra airspace which could in turn cause that woofer to fail from over excursion. I don't think it will be an issue, I have truly never been to concerned with it, but that is why some stress two chambers.... and yes, for bracing.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.