Dual 8"s? ...6 1/2" & an 8"?

Basically just play with the wiring. You can always add an amp later on. I would run the most juice you can and then you have more on tap to play with, plus running the amp at cooler, less noise ranges.

Your welcome! It's entirely up to you on how you want to run your subs or just one sub. I think when getting into the SQ side of audio, most people rely on the equipment to most of the work to sound good, but in actuallity, it's the installer who needs to do the extra work for the highest SQ potential to be reached. When it come to the subs being in the rear of the jeep, facing them together will probably cause a phase problem that will need to be addressed, maybe by installing them at an angle from each other. But i would just recommend them to be faced forward or towards the rear. Running the subs at full tilt at 2 ohms or 4 ohms is again up to you. If any noise is introduced into the system, it will be because of the installer(example, not running the power wires and rca's far enough apart or not grounding correctly) has not properly installed the devices. The amount of noise that will be added by running in 2 ohms instead of 4 ohms will be inaudible to you inside your Jeep. Not to say that it wouldn't be audible if you went all out and sound deadened every single panel and ran the stereo with the engine off, you will probably still not hear the added noise.
A couple more questions,

Have you upgraded your headunit, or are you using a line-out-converter?

What type of power wires and rca's have you chosen?

Are you gonna sound deaden, or do you think the extra weight my affect your off road performance?

Sorry it took so long to get back, but I am on the forum all day, but you popped back on a soon as my old a-ss when to sleep! Lol, I still can't believe i go to sleep at 7.
Thanks for the advice.

Well, I followed Crutchfields tech help and I successfully "jury rigged" my system, and I did a great job following his method (I did all this last week before I found this forum)... When I asked about a harness, or some other way to hook up the Factory HU to the amp he told me to splice into the speaker wires and hook those up to RCA's and plug them into the amp... Well, I did all that exactly how he said to and I ended up with a system that works but doesn't sound good because I didn't use a line-level converter (didn't know they existed), so I'm feeding too much wattage into my amp, so I can't turn the gain past a quarter of the way up.. And I used radio shack 20 g wire for the patch cable... sigh, I've got a lot of "noise" in my system right now...

So I've got a line-level converter on it's way. And a 4 channel Street wires RCA patch cable (high dollar, noise reducing one).

And I'm going to replace my Polk DB 6501 comp. with the Polk MM6501, they're supposed to be less harsh, more natural. So I'm going to put a set of those for the front sound stage, and a set of those in the sound bar (with the treble turned down). And I'm going with the dual JL 8w3v3-4 8" subs in a custom enclosure on the tailgate facing forward. And I'm running Streetwires 14g to the 5 channels.

The most I'm going to sound deaden is the tailgate directly behind the Sub enclosure(dynamat), I can't even get inside the tailgate because it's welded together.

I am not sure of your year model Jeep, but I will say if you don't have built in Navigation, I would suggest investing in an aftermarket headunit. Especially if it's a daily driver. They give you more options and will guarantee you the ability to expand later. The original Polks you bought the first time will be just fine, stepping up to a higher priced Polk using the same sources will only yield you the same results. Kinda like playing music through a $10 speaker and then using a $100 speaker, but using an old school 1990 Sony Walkman. It's really hard to be patient when it comes to car audio, especially with all these great deals going on during the holidays. Something that will probaly end up saving a bunch of money and time would be to hit up a couple audio shows/competitions and sitting in some SQ vehicles and looking and see what they are running. I would also recommend going to a couple of different shops and actually putting your hands on as many different headunits as possible before buying. I am pretty sure a couple others will give you some more options as well, because everyone likes to help!!

op ,my borother inlaw has a 05 jeep wranler lj ,we picked it up wednesday from the audio shop , he got memphis speakers in the front and in sound bar ,clarion head unit , a 800w RE amp , and a 12'' XL powerbas sub in a prefab box , it sounds 200% better then what he had , and i have a RF P3 single 12" in the trunck of my honda civic and it rocks!! , Looks like your headed in the right direction , goodluck hope you get the sounds your looking for

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.