Dual 10" Fiberglass Enclosure

LOL at those subs, I had some for like my second or third system. I blew them to sh!t cause I didnt know what I was doing, but was fun none-the-less. Ahh, brings back memories
Yes they are quite something arent they? haha i bought them plus a 500w amp for $35 LOL anyways one has a torn voice coil. They are just my "test" subs. I always design my enclosures and use these to see if it sounds decent. If it makes these subs sound decent then most other subs should blow you away //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Well someone is likely to come in here in the future and argue his 2 cents so lets see what happens... Maybe i will fill the enclosure with water to see if the makes the bass hit harder................
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/idea.gif.5acb6a39a9b92425414c316dda202bad.gif

Well someone is likely to come in here in the future and argue his 2 cents so lets see what happens... Maybe i will fill the enclosure with water to see if the makes the bass hit harder................

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/slap.gif.87520e8ca8e90076ac30e777c0de5331.gif

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif

Ok guys sorry for not updateing lately, i picked up some fleece today to work with so i should get started on this tommorow

Stay Tuned //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Fill the enclosure with small beads of foam, or something like that. Pour the beads into a container of known volume.

Voila, there's your volume.
You have to be sure to do that before you lay resin down, because otherwise, youre already too late. Unless you are going to adjust the port length after you glass then it's pretty much a guessing game.

Ok didnt have much time to work on this today i was busy with other projects but i did get the fleece on

P6190084.jpg

Uhh....Add bass to a trunk and voila you have a leaky trunk.I have seen it many times,espeially in trunks.They leak, the box soaks up the water and its toast.Partical board is just a way to cut cost.Not my thing but if its all you can get and no one complains who cares.

But yes Req was right its like a big sponge,not as compacted as MDF.
Wierd, as I have had over 20 trunked cars and not one has every had a leaky trunk. Hell right now, I have all my equipment in my tire well and been that way going on 3 years. Have had trunk cars do over 150 and never had a problem with my trunk. No my rear window, that is a different story. I have also had some beaters with nothing but other problems with the car, but never had a leaky trunk.

So isn't like it happens with everyone. I guess it's certain cars maybe? I don't know, but I wouldn't not put a particle board box in there because it may leak. Odds are very slim IMO and my expierence. Also particle board boxs don't sound that bad. I was against them as well till I heard one about a year ago. Was very loud to say the least and still is holding up to this day .

Oh and his trunk don't leak either, lol!

OP- Box looks good.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.