DS18 Hooligan 12" v1

Am I the only one that thinks those triple stacked spider packs look ridiculous? How can they even allow the coil to travel a good amount?
Spacers between spider packs give the glue more contact area to the former. Also spacing spiders apart helps keep coils linear longer.

Spacers between spider packs give the glue more contact area to the former. Also spacing spiders apart helps keep coils linear longer.
If the subs are built right there is absolutely no reason to space spiders to keep them from failing mechanically. The ONLY reason you should need to use spacers is if you just can't stack enough spiders right on top of one another to get the desired stiffness.

Anyway, they at least look impressive. How is the price? Is the real price anywhere near MSRP? At 1000$ a whack it seems you have lots of better options IMO.

If the subs are built right there is absolutely no reason to space spiders to keep them from failing mechanically. The ONLY reason you should need to use spacers is if you just can't stack enough spiders right on top of one another to get the desired stiffness.
Anyway, they at least look impressive. How is the price? Is the real price anywhere near MSRP? At 1000$ a whack it seems you have lots of better options IMO.
with very long coils and loading yes the coils do rock. spacing them helps also mirroring them 180 helps.

around $700-$750

with very long coils and loading yes the coils do rock. spacing them helps also mirroring them 180 helps.
I have heard this myth but never seen it or met anybody credible who has experienced it. Just marketing hype if you ask me. The proof is the companies who make top tier equipment that do not space spiders and do just fine.

around $700-$750
That's the price of Fi Team or Fi Neo BTL and probably other American made brands (though the ones I know of don't advertise prices). Sundown zv5 is comparably priced and you're at least paying for the fancy tooling and expensive softparts AND the known reputation for quality control and customer service.

Not sure if I'd buy off the shelf China for the price of made in USA. IMO it would be worthy of considering if it were priced more in line with the SQ, AB, etc. 4" coil offerings.

I have heard this myth but never seen it or met anybody credible who has experienced it. Just marketing hype if you ask me. The proof is the companies who make top tier equipment that do not space spiders and do just fine.

That's the price of Fi Team or Fi Neo BTL and probably other American made brands (though the ones I know of don't advertise prices). Sundown zv5 is comparably priced and you're at least paying for the fancy tooling and expensive softparts AND the known reputation for quality control and customer service.

Not sure if I'd buy off the shelf China for the price of made in USA. IMO it would be worthy of considering if it were priced more in line with the SQ, AB, etc. 4" coil offerings.
Yeah the newest version is what I sell for $700-$750. They the DS18 baskets. I know what you mean about the SQ and AB 4" pricing, there's not much out there that can beat those for the price. This sub is in a little different league. Not saying its better or worse. It has a softer suspension and more xmax

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.