Drop in replacement for sundown z15 v1

Should be a recone. Hit up sundownz on here. But there are a few options if you want a different sub to
I'm looking at the fi ssd now simply because of price. Only paid 2 bills for the z, not really trying to pay much more than that now. Unless there is a $100 difference in sound. Imma check out the recone first.

Haha think i went past xmech

25uickp.jpg

After almost 4 years and two cars, this sub was a soldier. Think i know what song finally slayed it.

I'm gonna go with the icon. My birthday is coming up and the refineries have been good to me this year so far.

Do different sub makers use different techniques for that spider/cone joint, or is it pretty much the same from sub to sub?

Holy shiz that pic is big

recone it for sure best option for what you are trying to spend. Or sell me the z?
Where in Texas are you?
About as far from west tx as i could be. In the hou area.

You can re-cone it with NS v.1 parts minus one spider. Typically gains 1-1.5 dB -- usually we also suggest adding the NS v.1 style aluminum pole plug as well to increase cooling.

We have done numerous Z v.1 that way //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

The drop-in is $110 + SH and the aluminum plug is $15 + SH

Haha think i went past xmech
After almost 4 years and two cars, this sub was a soldier. Think i know what song finally slayed it.

I'm gonna go with the icon. My birthday is coming up and the refineries have been good to me this year so far.

Do different sub makers use different techniques for that spider/cone joint, or is it pretty much the same from sub to sub?
Glad it did so well for you.

The Z v.1 was made at an American build house for us before we were building that line in-house -- any driver since then done in-house has a much stronger neck joint //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Glad it did so well for you.
The Z v.1 was made at an American build house for us before we were building that line in-house -- any driver since then done in-house has a much stronger neck joint //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Gotta say, i was impressed with the bottom end of that sub. Really didn't expect as much as i got. The z was a drop in replacement for an ae c.15, an av15 clone, a known bottom dweller. Didn't miss at all. Made a few fans for ya out here.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.