WWca.comD

Participant count
  • Participant list

MutantDreams
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I just want to know, what would caraudio.com do in this situation. I'm up for all reccomedations.

I have a 08 scion tc with the factory sub, and I want to do a pretty simple setup. I work at a gps tracker company, so I have got to have trunk space for my toolbox, however if a sub setup can justify me having to lose all if my space, so be it. I plan on running the factory 140-160a alt, 2 duracell group 24/34 Agm batteries, and around 1k on the sub. In my previous car (08 cobalt) I had two re audio ***-15's, off of 1500-2000, and it was loud, I just had to lose the back seats. So here is what I need. I am kinda picky, I want to keep all the amps the same brand. I would like to run an active setup, but am not sure yet.

1k ish sub amp

70rmsx4 4ch

70rmsx2

A sub around the ratings of the sub amp,

The newest "in" wire. Back on my last build it was knu& welding wire.

Tl;dr: need amp and sub reccomedations for scion tc.

So your going to go with a sub stage on 1000wrms and completely disregard your front stage keeping up?

Also you can save some money by skipping out on those batteries. On 1K a good battery in the engine bay and maybe the big 3 should be plenty to keep your voltage up.

I already have the two batteries from my cobalt, and I'm hoping an active front stage on 70-100w should be fine, but I'm no pro at that. Oh and I already did the big 3 in my scion with 0/2 gauge welding wire I had left over, more than likely I'm going to sell the other battery I I won't need it.

Edit: also I forgot too add I already have kicker cs components that were ran on a rockford 150.2

I already have the two batteries from my cobalt, and I'm hoping an active front stage on 70-100w should be fine, but I'm no pro at that. Oh and I already did the big 3 in my scion with 0/2 gauge welding wire I had left over, more than likely I'm going to sell the other battery I I won't need it.
Edit: also I forgot too add I already have kicker cs components that were ran on a rockford 150.2
What headunit are you going to use for active processing? Or did you plan to do that with your amps? Budget?

I have a 80prs, but right now it is just factory , I plan on putting it in once I have a little time.

And it depends on a few things. I was thinking of running the hifonix 5ch or a belle series 5ch, because realistically it would be cheaper. But here is my budget, might be able to wiggle a bit.

Sub: $150-200

4ch: $100-150

Sub amp:$150-200

Wiring:$200 for everything.

If I find better components I'd be willing to spend $250-300

If I went with the hifonix 5 ch I'd save about $100 which I can put towards other things.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

MutantDreams

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
MutantDreams
Columbus, Georgia
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date