drop HZ on a box?

Participant count
  • Participant list
I have a pair of U15s and have tried them in a ~8cf box and a 6cf box. They were much louder and impactful in the 6cft box. I had around 3k on each and it was a little much. I would stick to 2k in a larger box, especially if you tune low. 

The U does share some tech with the X but Sundown is pretty explicit when they state it it is not one of the new “low” platform. It is much more like an upgraded SA. That is why they recommend tuning in the mid 30s. 

Why not go with the X 15s? It looks like the box size would work  

I have a pair of U15s and have tried them in a ~8cf box and a 6cf box. They were much louder and impactful in the 6cft box. I had around 3k on each and it was a little much. I would stick to 2k in a larger box, especially if you tune low. 

The U does share some tech with the X but Sundown is pretty explicit when they state it it is not one of the new “low” platform. It is much more like an upgraded SA. That is why they recommend tuning in the mid 30s. 

Why not go with the X 15s? It looks like the box size would work  
I had a X10 and was not very happy with the sound. With that said, I later learned the port was made wrong and it's hard to compare a 10" to a 15".

I am a bit scared to buy the x15's since I've never truly heard one and I've read people complain about the upper sound during songs where a song could be extra bassy and low volume when the hard bass is not playing (basically semi distorted). This is why I narrowed it down to the best of both worlds but I do love me some low tunning sound. 

After this build, I'm done with the Sounds Game so I'm taking my time buying the next set of subs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.