Dr. Crankenstein M80

Participant count
  • Participant list

hotrod351
10+ year member

arizona
im looking for a dr.crankenstein amp, m80. ive been running 3 of them for over 12 years now and well they sound good to me, mainly i need a extra for my wifes car. its a really tight, small, place where i have one mounted now and i know how they sound. id hate to try to find another amp that small that would sound as good, im sure there are plenty but i know these. anyway if anyone has access to one let me know what you want for it. youd have to ship to arizona.

i have one and hate to sell it...but its in new condition and id sell it for $85 shipped if you dont find another....not a scratch on mine....i had a pair and regret selling the other but they are hard to find...

DrCrank001.jpg

first one i bought cost me $100.00. few years later walmart had built, and moved into, a new super store. they had about 10 of them for $25.00 each. i bought three of them, that gave ,e 4 total. sold one vech and left it in it. pulled the other out of another vech i sold. i have one in my wifes mustang and two in my truck. they been running for years and im here in arizona where inside temps in these cars get above 140 degrees. thats a little more than i want to pay but if i cant find another one. hoping to find someone that used one but upgraded to higher wattage so has no use for it. i know on ebay they dont go for much. anyway ill keep looking but it nice to know at least i found one. thanks.

Ive looked on ebay most nice ones usually bring close to a $100 the beat up one bring $50+ They are nice amps...And Im just throwing it out there...Ive missed a few good deals...and you could find one ....Id love to find new ones at $25...heck I know Id buy at least 10 lol...but I have found some crazy clearance deals at Wal-Mart...I always double check the clearance racks...

thats why i bought them, plus i told a guy working at the local video store about it and he bought one. yeah its a fair price, for what it is. im cheap, have to be. the last amp i bought was a sherwood XA1180. they dont make them anymore. the guy i bought it from said he turned his subs up all the way and it cut out on him so he gave it to me for shipping only, think that was under $10.00. well that was at least 10 years ago, bought it off ebay. like i said im looking for one has a extra because of the fitment in my wifes car. i have two in my truck and could always take one out and put it in hers, if anything happened to the one she has. i also have a turbo boost amp i could put in its place in my truck, ive got plenty of room. it just i like the sound and know how my system sounds now. if i have to replace hers, and may never have to, then id have to get a different one for myself, good excuse to upgrade, and have to mess with it. thats your best price ?

I always wondered if these were made by US Amps due to the way they are built...and the quality of them...I know Dr. Crankenstein had a lot of other amps and subs...I think these basic ones may have been put in Wal-Mart as a promotion of their product...since Wal-Mart didn't carry anymore of the line...The company probably wanted them to get a taste of their product...The bigger Dr. Cranks resemble US Amps as well...

all i remember is that i picked out a amp on the floor and it was huge. they guy behind the counter said wait a minute, went in the back and came out with a dr.crankenstein. he said, pointing at the big amp i had on the counter, think it was 200 watt, anytime a company has to make a amp with that wattage that big something was wrong. he showed me the dr.crankenstein amp and said it was made by rockford fosgate, ive never seen any post to confirm that. all i know is the ones i have sound great. but no they dont have all the bells and whistles of the newer ones. hind-site they say is 20 / 20. i cant go back and buy a few more at the $25.00 price but ill either find a deal on one or go with something else. im looking at a JL slash 300 for under $50.00, says it works. good sub amp. i went on ebay and entered under $50.00 in the car amps, came up with about 600 of them. resale on used amps are like race car parts, there really isnt much, unless you really have a rare part, or amp. my quest will continue and might turn into a mission. good thing about the internet, and plenty of free time, you can always find what your looking for, sooner or later.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

hotrod351

10+ year member
hotrod351
arizona
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from