Downsizing subwoofers (2x12 to either 1x12 or 1x10)

Sundown zv5 12 at 1 ohm, or a stereo integrity hstmkll 15 at 1 ohm as well I believe Nick can build it for ported applications and recommends 2.5cuft after displacement. Tune it 31hrtz, at least I would anyway.

If you want loud but musical, I have personal experience with the AA Mayhem / SSA Zcon. One of my favorite subs to this day.
Thank you. I will keep the battery to one so I'm debating if I should drop a tier for each company (Xcon instead of a Zcon and Havoc instead of a Mayhem).
i'd say get a mayhem or SSA Zcon 12. Makes 3 votes for those subs. However the build time is a b*tch holiday seasons. so expect to get it feb - april.
If this is true then i'll probably buy it next week.
A single high powered 12 wired to 1 ohm, because fawk that 2 ohm ********, would get my vote.
Thank you
This is also very true
If you ordered today, I’d be thoroughly surprised if you get it before Christmas.

1-3 month build times are expected.

But anything’s possibly

I’ve gotten stuff 3 weeks from the order date sooo who really knows
My subs are decent right now so I don't mind waiting if it means the product will be good and last a long time. Plan on putting this in my next car next year so quality/longevity is key !
I thought those Nemisis woofer were Spose to be nice for the money. VFL amps do rated but you won’t see 1700@2ohm, next woofer(s) wire down to 1ohm
There basically high output subwoofers with average SQ that can play fairly low (basically sundown E/SA, most American bass/soundqubed woofers).
There good if you want to get loud and not sound bad but at the same time, there not what I would call musical

[quote name='Mayhem']If you want to drop down a teir then yeah the xcon or or havoc would be best
I would also look at Fi q neo or fi bl[/QUOTE] I might drop down a tier because I doubt I will ever run more than 2,000 watts to it and even if I did occasionally go slightly higher than that, subs like the Xcon/Havoc are rated for that with no issues.

I'm not sure if fully powering an Xcon/Havoc would be better than slightly underpowering a Zcon/Mayhem ( @denim what are you thoughts on this ?). I don't want to spend an extra hundred bucks if it's not going to really help output or SQ

Fi Neo looks beatiful, don't know much about it

[quote name='mastershake575']I might drop down a tier because I doubt I will ever run more than 2,000 watts to it and even if I did occasionally go slightly higher than that, subs like the Xcon/Havoc are rated for that with no issues.

I'm not sure if fully powering an Xcon/Havoc would be better than slightly underpowering a Zcon/Mayhem ( @denim what are you thoughts on this ?). I don't want to spend an extra hundred bucks if it's not going to really help output or SQ

Fi Neo looks beatiful, don't know much about it[/QUOTE]

The SSA Xcon will be great on that power, as will the Zcon. It is more about the goals, and it sounds like, as per the goals, the Xcon is a better fit right now. It is on sale for a few more days.

The SSA Xcon will be great on that power, as will the Zcon. It is more about the goals, and it sounds like, as per the goals, the Xcon is a better fit right now. It is on sale for a few more days.
Would there better any advantage in Xcon vs Zcon on similar power ? (low 2,000 watts). Don't mind splurging for the Zcon if it will have any noticeable improvement sound wise

Would there better any advantage in Xcon vs Zcon on similar power ? (low 2,000 watts). Don't mind splurging for the Zcon if it will have any noticeable improvement sound wise
If you are wanting more musical and daily, lean Xcon's. If you are wanting more sheer face blurring output, lean Zcon's. Both will work on the power, the sound signatures are a little different. Both are great for daily, just have to define your needs a bit.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.