doubt´s lol

hi there i have a couple of doubt´s

1- i have a amp that is 4, 2, 1 ohm stable, what´s the default resistence without any sub conected?

ex: if i want to measure de voltage to calculate the aproimated power a cant doit with subs conected cuz i will blow them kkk so i like to know that so i can calculate

2- my hu has 2v pre out´s, is it worth to upgrade to a 4v pre out´s hu?

benefits? bether/clean signal, that i know, but with a strong/higher voltage signal i will need less gain on the amps to get the same power that i have now??

well u set power based on what ohm your sub/subs are.. u need 50hz tone play it as loud as u listen to it no bass boost or eq on hu.. stick volt meter probes in the speakers + &- (no subs or speakers connected to it) and u set gain based on voltage that = power u want to send to sub so if u will be at 1 ohm and u want it to make 1000 rms u do that 1000x1(ohm) so u just need sq root of 1000 which is 31.62v so thats about what u want meter to read 30-32 would be fine.. if u running at 2 ohm 1000x2 = 2000 sq root is 44.7v.. u see?

i know how to set the gains, i was asking the lowest impedance with no sub conected cuz e like to just for kick to know how much power the amp puts out at max cuz i found out from the old owner that the amps are not stock inside and they are making more power than the the rated 1000 rms at 1ohm i love to know how much more ....

the crossfire technician/representative came to portugal in the time that the guy was on spl comp, cuz he got word of the results and the crossfire set up and the guy came to portugal to see how he was making that number with that set up... after a bit the guy say "you want more power? give me 5 min alone with every amp u got..." after that couple of db´s were gained..... that was the story that the guy told me....

so if i know what impedance the amp is with no sub i can find out the power it makes.... i donk care if its clean or not i will never get close to that power lol now im runnin 2 type R 12" 500 rms each and im like half gain ....

so you guys can see if im pushing 2 12" a total 1000rms just at half gain... how much power does that amp put out :O

i know how to set the gains, i was asking the lowest impedance with no sub conected cuz e like to just for kick to know how much power the amp puts out at max cuz i found out from the old owner that the amps are not stock inside and they are making more power than the the rated 1000 rms at 1ohm i love to know how much more ....
the crossfire technician/representative came to portugal in the time that the guy was on spl comp, cuz he got word of the results and the crossfire set up and the guy came to portugal to see how he was making that number with that set up... after a bit the guy say "you want more power? give me 5 min alone with every amp u got..." after that couple of db´s were gained..... that was the story that the guy told me....

so if i know what impedance the amp is with no sub i can find out the power it makes.... i donk care if its clean or not i will never get close to that power lol now im runnin 2 type R 12" 500 rms each and im like half gain ....

so you guys can see if im pushing 2 12" a total 1000rms just at half gain... how much power does that amp put out :O
complete bullsh*t Anyone that's worked on an amp knows the rigorous amounts of desoldering and soldering it takes just to replace a few parts let alone do a full upgrade without changing the topology or ordering better quality parts etc... A couple of DBs? Do you know what that even means? on paper, doubling power gains 3 db. A couple would mean for example a 3000 watt amp would turn into a 5000 watt amp in order to get that gain. Story is beyond far fetched.

Without any subs connected to the amp there's no load so there cannot be any impedance. You arent understanding how amps work properly man.

even if the amp is rated at 1000w rms and you're at half gain (doesn't matter where the gain is, you can be at 0 gain and still have max output) there's this thing called rise, so id be willing to bet you only get 500w rms out of that amp

im sure the amp does rated, what do you expect to gain? i dont know what you're even trying to do

only way to know what power amp does is play subs and use a clamp meter (u will see what power is actually getting to subs at that ohm load) it will be less than amp "makes"..

i know how to set the gains,
Then just set your gains and don't worry about it. You will NOT know how much power that amp is making without connecting a load and using a clamp meter (and ideally an oscilloscope).

Anyone that's worked on an amp knows the rigorous amounts of desoldering and soldering it takes just to replace a few parts let alone do a full upgrade without changing the topology or ordering better quality parts etc...

That said, guys who just scrap protection circuits and always run the same amp can do that pretty quick but I'd agree his story sounds like complete make believe.

ok when i say something i like have some facts.... now i like to see who goin to say "its make belive" and that my amp is skock and not rig to give more power.....

all contected to a 4 ohms load to have a safe power going to the subs and dont have a risk of blow a sub cuz my amp is rated 250 rms 4 ohm (so i thought....)

series-paralel conection,4 ohms load on the amp, 50 hz 0db test tone, multimeter conectec, vol 20 is my normal day to day high volume that i hear music.....

lets see what voltage i get.....

REMENBER: dont know if is clean signal at this point (max gain) but thats not the point, the pois here is : does my amp has been rig tho give more power or just make belive?

so you can see on this video for those u doub of this method u can see that this formula get u perty close to the power o want, the set the gain with this method and after he check in the amp test, perty close

so i did that, after i get my voltage i made calculations to see what target power give the voltage that i got

E = SR of target power x registence

dammmm 60v = to 900 rms 4ohm load hahaha so 900 rms 4 ohm, now u can imagine what this amp puts outs at 2 or 1 ohm..... se below the factory rating

vr1000.jpg

video test

https://streamable.com/1b9mo

ok when i say something i like have some facts.... now i like to see who goin to say "its make belive" and that my amp is skock and not rig to give more power.....
all contected to a 4 ohms load to have a safe power going to the subs and dont have a risk of blow a sub cuz my amp is rated 250 rms 4 ohm (so i thought....)

series-paralel conection,4 ohms load on the amp, 50 hz 0db test tone, multimeter conectec, vol 20 is my normal day to day high volume that i hear music.....

lets see what voltage i get.....

REMENBER: dont know if is clean signal at this point (max gain) but thats not the point, the pois here is : does my amp has been rig tho give more power or just make belive?

so you can see on this video for those u doub of this method u can see that this formula get u perty close to the power o want, the set the gain with this method and after he check in the amp test, perty close

Its a vr1000?

900 watts at 4 ohm?.. thats one "special " amp... probably right off the short bus

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry for not tell what amp is but yes it is, some of the guys here allready know my car and my gear...

but damm its suppose to be 250 rms at 4 ohm, not 900 rms it has been definitely altered dont u agree?

sorry for not tell what amp is but yes it is, some of the guys here allready know my car and my gear...
but damm its suppose to be 250 rms at 4 ohm, not 900 rms it has been definitely altered dont u agree?
Lol..//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suicide.gif.a649d21efc0d1fd4890a6428166586c1.gif

most likely when you went to setup the head unit you had a friend hit the push terminals yank out the small series jumper cable and parallel the conveniently pre cut and proper length wires to wire them parallel that are there chillin, and now you trying to act all bad 4ss like your sheity crossfire is badhss.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.