double the power 2 - .5 ohm

Joe562MMA
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Went to a competition today in Escondido qualified in at 144 with my 4 flxx 15s tuned to 35 hz in a 13cubic foot box @2 ohms on crescendo bc 5500 with peak freq of 50 at first then i decided to just drop it down to half ohm 4 d4 subs...

so at first they were seeing around rms counting on crescendos rating of 2800 @ 13.8 @ 2 ohms (flxx 600 rms) haven't clamped but wasn't getting much voltage drop lowest 13.9 anyway

took out the subs started to re wire them to a .5 load turns out my turn comes around too compete in bass race(subs still out of box) got dqed they gave me a chance an skipped me but i still wasn't ready

well anyway dropped down to half got it metered & hit 148 with gain set according to sound no dm1 available they got kinda stinky lol but hey what do i expect for more then double the rms (600) not sure exactly what each are seeing after drop but i know its atleast double, i did see more drop in voltage though i need to upgrade to a better alt i have a shop built one right now & 4 cnd 400

my bad about long *** story just bored.

& title just meant i added 4 db with double power lol

(still lower then expected though) gotta do some work

You should be hitting much higher than a 144 with four 15s on 2800 rms...
This. And if you have a stock alt, I very highly doubt you can bring much more than 3k unclipped to the party.

yea something was up and the 148 at .5 with gain set low but i started dropping to 13.0 so i just backed off more an the subs got a lil stinky & its sealed meter too not open door or window format

---------- Post added at 01:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 AM ----------

i did 147.7 with 4 alpine type rs at .5 with sundown saz 2500 in box tuned to 29hz

This. And if you have a stock alt, I very highly doubt you can bring much more than 3k unclipped to the party.
i have a shop built one not exact stock im getting about 230 amps out of it not as good as a dc or mechman alt but it does ok i do plan on upgrading tho!

They guy i bought my sa's from did a 144.7 in a alero. He had a aq 3500 though.
Thats pretty ****** lol mine was on a saz1000 per sub

---------- Post added at 04:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 AM ----------

yea something was up and the 148 at .5 with gain set low but i started dropping to 13.0 so i just backed off more an the subs got a lil stinky & its sealed meter too not open door or window format 

---------- Post added at 01:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 AM ----------

i did 147.7 with 4 alpine type rs at .5 with sundown saz 2500 in box tuned to 29hz
nice.numbers on a box.tuned so low

Thats pretty ****** lol mine was on a saz1000 per sub 

---------- Post added at 04:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 AM ----------

nice.numbers on a box.tuned so low
I dont remember exactly how many watts he was sending them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.