Double Din

Post and discuss your box construction, design, fiberglass and other fabrication questions here.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Post and discuss your box construction, design, fiberglass and other fabrication questions here.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
does this ? not pertain to the following requirements sorry

I don't think this goes in Enclosure help...
But... I don't think it's worth it. Just spend less money on a single DIN and finish.
its going to be way cheaper why pay 800 on a solid single din when i can get one just as good for a fraction of the price with a garmin navigation in it

and yes this post belong in this section

But think of the cost of the modifications to your vehicle.This will take time,money and materials.If your not doing the work yourself it would be more economical to buy a single din unit.

And I know I can find a solid single din for less then $800!

thats just dumb cutting out the ac vents why not just mod it to the top and right at the yp of the ac vents
because moving it to the right would pull the touchscreen further away, would require cutting metal behind the dash, and would mess up the symetry of the vehicle. you gotta pay to play.

you could build a box and set it on top of the dash.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/sneaky.gif.7189749b3a3f769e8815b47e8ae87f88.gif

you shouldnt have too much of a problem puttin the double din in there. we have put them in the 07's. there is a flexible bracket behind the factory radio that has two bolts holding it down. the bolts are located under the vent panel at the very top of the dash. once you get this bracket out you shouldnt have any depth issues. as far as changing the single din to double... you would have to trim the face plate that comes off. if your not keeping this vehicle for 20 years. i wouldnt suggest you do this. but there are ways to make these things work. good luck.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.