Double Din

i dont know what the dash looks like but i cant imagine installing a double din in a single din slot without some major modding.

OH ok, now i see.. that whole top piece should be replaceable... hmm, let me see what i can find.

If i dont post back soon... i didnt find anything.

i can't get the picture to load any larger, but in my friend's '04 GC limited, the original opening in the woodgrain panel is ~1.5 din, but the whole top woodgrain panel does come off. you MIGHT be able to modify the dash, but fitting a single din in there was even tricky because of limited depth

I have an 00 GC.And planned a simuliar setup until I got into it.It does require cutting the a/c vents in the dash to make room for the DD.As well as you have to cut the vents out of the trim panel.It is possible though with extensive modifications.

ya that doesnt sound like alot of fun gettin a kenwood 6019 with navigation

but im getting a good as deal i dont want to pass up

anyone do this kind of work before

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.