Double din that can support video as well as external monitor?

ladysmanfelpz
10+ year member

Phoenix
So my car pooped out at me and I have been driving my mom's 2003 honda odyssey around lol. Actually don't mind it too bad and all I really car about is a good audio system so thinking about picking it up off her. Has a double din stock radio and the factory dvd system. I was wondering if there are any double dins out there that have their own monitor that can play video as well as play through the dvd monitor? If so i'm in on the van for sure. Just wondering how tough the wiring is or if it is easy to hook the stock system up through the wiring harness. Thing is weird as you can run radio through the front controls but you can switch to rear controls and have the dvd player going and dvd playing through the back speakers. I would like it to have both monitors going, but if I can just get a din or double din that would support the monitor in that back that would be sweet too. Never really thought of a monitor set up but since it already has one and I have some movies and music videos on my ipod I think it would be sweet. Thanks for the info and if anyone has done something like this please let me know your experiences.

Okay cool. So guessing it would be a simple hook up into the factory harness then too correct? Oh and does the clarion nx501 really produce 50 watts a channel or is that bogus? I thought double dins had the same amplification as din's but if that one truly has an external amplifier I could believe it

you cant use a aftermarket deck to control the factory dvd screen ,you'll need to replace both the deck and monitor.what you need t=is a dual zone deck as well ,that way you can listen to music up frt and the people in the back can watch and listen to the dvd

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.