Dorm Room

Participant count
  • Participant list

Savackz

CarAudio.com Elite
GA
I am wanting a setup in a small dorm room for next year. I am wondering if someone else has done this and what would be a good setup? I am thinking about two E8V3s on about 350rms a piece of something close to that. And how to hook up everything.

You gonna be in a dorm with other people next door and above and below you? If so, please don't have a sub. As much as you'd like it, hundreds of people would hate it. I hated the people next to me when I lived in the dorms. They had an iPhone dock with speakers and a sub and that thing already carried sound and vibrations down the hall.

I don't think that it's going to be that much. It's not like I just blare it - I only do it casually

I thought about doing the same once. I looked up some videos on youtube.. There are a few ways to do it. Using a computer power supply plugged into the wall to the amp to the subs. Some people just use a battery with a trickle charger to the amp to the subs. A friend of mine once used like a 5,000 watt home theater amp or something which worked just fine. But I have never actually done it.

I might just do 2 floor-standing speakers. Not sure.
This just get some surround sound speakers. No need to go through all the trouble of car audio in a bedroom. Get an old paair of kenwoods or something i used to have these 2 towers with a tweeter, mid, and sub in each and those things KNOCKED. Then my parents donated themto goodwill without telling me:rage:

I think you should buy nice bookshelf speakers and call it a day. There's no point of getting car audio stuff because it will get expensive and it will probably be too loud for your dorm. If you're barely gonna turn it up, then it's just a waste of money. If you're really craving bass, you can even get a 4" or 6" speaker and make a ported box out of it and make sure to put a low pass filter so only bass is coming out of it. Or 1 small 10" driver in a sealed box. 2 8" sundown subs is just too much for a dorm room. People will be knocking on your door every night to turn it down..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Savackz

CarAudio.com Elite
Savackz
GA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from