Dont you love stupid people?

Ruffy
10+ year member

Death to the salad eaters
This made my day.

So my brother and my cousin were at home wanting to to watch baseball today. Problem is they dont have the one channel showing the ONE game they want to watch. It's an eclusive game with a nationwide blackout so you arent getting it without paying. (Yankees)

Now they sit around for 2 hours watching the score online. Since its just static text they get bored and get the bright Idea of listening to the game on XM. Both of them have XM in their trucks but the thing is, they dont want to go out and sit in the truck to listen to the game! Portable XM in the house is no go due to signal loss from the metal roof.

Anyway sticking with the XM they decide to run a long speaker wire(50ft+) From one truck into the house. and from their plug it into a Home stereo speaker. I spend about 20 minutes explaining to them that this is a BAD idea. If they really wanted to run wire and all that I could have run a wire from the line out on the xm tuner, into the home theater system or into a computer.

Istead of doing what I said they go ahead with their plans because its easier. So here we have a 8ohm bookshelf speaker. Being powered off a Boss Amp in a car, that was pushing subwoofers.

Long story short, it worked for a short while, sounded like ass, then damaged the woofer on the speaker. So they proceeded to move the subwoofer box INTO the house, Didnt like that they only got lows from it, and proceeded to run the gain up on the amp AND set the crossover to full range.

I laughed as they let out the magic smoke from both the amp and the two sony xplode subs.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/omg.gif.05aa02c3095d6ce9338996654eca0863.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/hilarious.gif.02a037aad04aa96f19982b298a3d70a8.gif

I did that before and never had a problem. Listened to the Miami Heat vs Detroit Pistons in 04 while I was at work. Working for a company that produces wire, 50+ ft of wire was no problem. Of course 1 channel on my amp puts out about 35 watts, and @ 8 ohms probably half that.

that is really stupid considering you can listen to xm online for free if you have a subscription
They didnt want to listen to it through the computer

My brother has been and always will be an idiot.

I generally hate stupid people but this one might have been worth witnessing just for the pure comedic value.

How idiotic! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Thanks for sharing that, Ruffy //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.