SOLD Done a box like asked, but not going to pay

Giggles

So my boyfriend build a fiberglass sub box for two 10 jl 10w0v2 for a tc that would fit in the corners of the trunk. Well after we had to spend $90 just on materials then 35 hours b/t building and installing them. When she bought the stuff to him he told her that the amp was too big but it would work it you turned it down, so he proceeded to build the boxes. After everything was done and put it, she said it does not sound good and not what she wanted even though that's what she asked for. The total was $90 for materials and $150 for labor which is really good price. Now she said that she does not want to pay for it b/c she does not like it and we didn't tell her that it was going to be like that. (btw she knows nothing about subs & boxes) I feel that she should at least pay for materials b/c we don't have jobs so that is $90 out of our pocket plus the time and we cant do any thing with the boxes b/c they are custom to her trunk. I mean it was done like she asked and now she wants to fuss. So I need advise? Should she pay all, $90 or nothing?

Regardless of what we say if she doesnt wanna pay shes not going to. Chalk it up as a learning experience and get a deposit before hand. Throw a rock through her windshield maybe you wont see the $ but she'll end up paying someone

WTF!!!! Stop it. I can't even read this anymore without cracking up.

Take your **** and run. Some people will never be pleased and she sounds like one of them. You'll sell them somewhere.

can i work on your box...i got a big woofer to put in it.....

btw...get money up front to at least cover materials....then when product is done collect the rest //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Seriously?? We have a girl involved in car audio and this is how all you guys are going to treat her? Sure, I wouldn't mind seeing more pics of her, her avatar looks pretty cute, but come on guys, your acting like a bunch of 8th graders here that have never seen a women before. It's no wonder there's not more women involved if this is how they are going to be treated. I for one would like to see more women get involved, some of them can get very creative and that could make for some very nice installs.

Anyway, back on topic, the little knowledge that a few have actually stated is correct, always get atleast a deposit up front for doing custom work. Way too easy to run the risk of wasting your personal time/money and not getting anything out of it. I surely wouldn't have installed the boxes without getting paid for them first. i would try to get them back and sell them elsewhere, gonna have to count this one as lesson learned.

Seriously?? We have a girl involved in car audio and this is how all you guys are going to treat her? Sure, I wouldn't mind seeing more pics of her, her avatar looks pretty cute, but come on guys, your acting like a bunch of 8th graders here that have never seen a women before. It's no wonder there's not more women involved if this is how they are going to be treated. I for one would like to see more women get involved, some of them can get very creative and that could make for some very nice installs.Anyway, back on topic, the little knowledge that a few have actually stated is correct, always get atleast a deposit up front for doing custom work. Way too easy to run the risk of wasting your personal time/money and not getting anything out of it. I surely wouldn't have installed the boxes without getting paid for them first. i would try to get them back and sell them elsewhere, gonna have to count this one as lesson learned.
shut the fuck up.

Anyway. As already said, material money first, blah blah. Also, make her pay all before they were put in her car. This isnt trial and error, she got what she asked for, if she didnt like it that is her problem but you shouldnt have let her test them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.