Doing the Big 3... question about ring terminals and battery terminal

Participant count
  • Participant list

Rkrajnov
10+ year member

Indiana
Ok so I ordered some new battery terminals from knukonceptz cause I figured I might as while replace my old corroded ones as well. I only got the ones with two outputs (in retrospect I should have gotten the konfused ones but oh well). Anyways I also have ring terminals from knu and the problem is when I tried to fasten the ring terminal into the location on top of the new battery terminal, the edges were to big to sit flush. It fastens on, but the lip on one side won't go all the way down. Here's a pic of the battery terminal so you guys have a better idea of what I mean.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31snlrEWZHL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The ring is too big around to get in that middle part. Does it matter (it still screws on it just won't sit flush)? any quick and easy things i can do to fix this?

I can't believe they would make ring terminals that don't even fit on there own battery terminals.

well you want as much surface as you can touching so unless its 100% on there making 100% contact dont use it

take a pic with a ring terminal on the battery terminal to see how much larger it is

2012-10-06_18-54-07_101_zpsbb20d8a7.jpg

find another setup for that ring terminal . i wouldnt mod the block unless your comfortable but that amount of surface contact will be dangerous and youll melt a wire connector or burn your car down . what kidna bat are you running? can you get some sort of a bus bar . im running a xs3400 batt with the adapters for the top so i got 2 on the side for factory gm connections then 2 free spots ip top to bolt onto so ive got big 3 and amp wire on batt no problem .

Thats a biiitch. I ran into the same thing, but fortunately I found a few ring terms in my assortment that were narrower and fit snug. They were stingers im 99% sure. I'd pay a few bucks and get a few. You dont wanna alter the one you have to fit.

yeah if you have a dremel you could shave the battery terminal so it would fit it should shave easy they are made outa cheap pot metal . or get new lugs //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Thats a biiitch. I ran into the same thing, but fortunately I found a few ring terms in my assortment that were narrower and fit snug. They were stingers im 99% sure. I'd pay a few bucks and get a few. You dont wanna alter the one you have to fit.
I'm gonna look around tomm and see if I can't find narrower ones anywhere locally. Unfortunately I can never seen to find 1/0 ring terminals in stores.

jesus, a file a dremel a piece of sand paper on a table top hell the driveway, this is a simple fix man go macgyver on that bitch!

jesus, a file a dremel a piece of sand paper on a table top hell the driveway, this is a simple fix man go macgyver on that bitch!
probelm is I don't have a dremel, so thats kind of gonna cost a lot to go grab one.

probelm is I don't have a dremel, so thats kind of gonna cost a lot to go grab one.
in this situation you mod the ring not the battery terminal! take a file to the terminal it might take 10min to do and if you don't have a file walmart sells them for like 5.00 and you will have a useful tool for life!

in this situation you mod the ring not the battery terminal! take a file to the terminal it might take 10min to do and if you don't have a file walmart sells them for like 5.00 and you will have a useful tool for life!
lol ya, I'm not the most handy person, but I thought about doing this, just wasn't sure if it would be that easy, but the terminal does seem like its made of pretty cheap metal so I'm sure it will file down easy enough. Thanks for the help guys.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.